Is Mobile Hotspot unlocked on the Moto X Pure Edition?

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Re: Verizon Free Hotspot

Meh, I pay the $30/month (minus a discount) for MHS with my UDP. But I have noticed that it doesn't do the subscription check and connects faster.

Posted from my XT1575

anon(71309)

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site

Meh, I pay the $30/month (minus a discount) for MHS with my UDP. But I have noticed that it doesn't do the subscription check and connects faster.

Posted from my XT1575

I also have unlimited, but I did not purchase the MHS option and now it is no longer available. I'd gladly pay the extra $30/mo per my two lines to enable this, but we'll see how long the free ride lasts.

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

I also have unlimited, but I did not purchase the MHS option and now it is no longer available. I'd gladly pay the extra $30/mo per my two lines to enable this, but we'll see how long the free ride lasts.

I'd have to check, but I was able to add MHS to my 1400 minute talk, UDP sometime in the last two years. But I am still on contract until the end of this month (I renewed my plan on the "keep your UDP glitch" weekend in 2013). I was also able to up my text to Unlimited shared recently, when my wife discovered the joys of texting. Maybe I should see if I can add MHS to my wife's line before next week...

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Just go to features within your account and you can add it.

monofurioso

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site

Welp. My joy with unlocking, rooting and editing build.prop to get tethering to work on AT&T UDP now has a dark lining. It breaks Android Pay. It doesn't appear to work on a rooted Moto X.

Damn, always compromises.

YeahMon360

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site

Welp. My joy with unlocking, rooting and editing build.prop to get tethering to work on AT&T UDP now has a dark lining. It breaks Android Pay. It doesn't appear to work on a rooted Moto X.

Check this out...

https://koz.io/inside-safetynet/

I don't use my phone to pay, but I will try to get it to work. Some are saying to disable SU and try to add your card with success. I haven't verified that yet.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

YeahMon360

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site

Check this out...

https://koz.io/inside-safetynet/

I don't use my phone to pay, but I will try to get it to work. Some are saying to disable SU and try to add your card with success. I haven't verified that yet.

I unchecked SU within the app, then went back and it let me add my card to Pay. I then re-enabled SU, went back to Pay and card still shows, and I don't get that error anymore. Whether or not it works will be up to you to find out. I don't even know where I can use that service. lol

monofurioso

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site

I unchecked SU within the app, then went back and it let me add my card to Pay. I then re-enabled SU, went back to Pay and card still shows, and I don't get that error anymore. Whether or not it works will be up to you to find out. I don't even know where I can use that service. lol

Thanks for poking around!

I'd also read about the SafetyNet system. I've seen folks able to do as you did, add a card by disabling SU, but then not able to actually make a payment at the point of sale. I'll let you know if and when I have a chance to test it out.

monofurioso

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
Thought it would be useful for other folks to be aware of issues that could arise from the hotspot unlock/root hack... Especially since I wasn't before I made the changes.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Re: Mobile Hotspot

Go online and check your Verizon Bill every 48 hours or so, you should see if the MHS shows up or not.

I already have and pay for MHS. One thing I have noticed, unlike my Droid Maxx, is I do not get a "Checking Subscription" when I fire up MHS on the MXPE.

Posted from my XT1575
Are you on VZW unlimited data plan?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

This is correct. With their agreement they have with the FCC they have to allow any capable phone on their network.
Wasn't there also a ruling saying they had to allow phones to turn on built in hotspot capability?

dcemureviews

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site

Are you on VZW unlimited data plan?
I'm on VZ UDP and I've been tethering. I never added MHS and was never billed for it whether it was me being on my rooted LG G3 using WIFI Tether/FoxFi or on my MXPE.

There is nothing to worry about if you're tethering. The only thing you should be worried about is when the tethering stops because its blocked or something and you need to get it back. I'm sure rooting the phone will solve that.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I worry about theft of services ala all those college kids who are still paying for illegal free music back in the 90's

anon(71309)

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site

Just go to features within your account and you can add it.

Woah. That wasn't like that for me the last time I checked. I may have to do that so I don't have to worry about getting my wife a phone that can be unlocked and rooted. She likes her Samsung... but the newer ones on VZW are locked pretty tight (... I haven't checked in a while what the scene is like on the newer Samsung devices, so this might be wrong as well...)

Edward Boothman

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I received my Moto X Pure Edition 2015 from Motorola and activated on my Cricket Wireless account and the hotspot is blocked. My Sony Xperia Z Ultra which I had directly from Sony.com the hotspot worked on Crickett Wireless. So Cricket is blocking hotspot from non carrier devices with newer Androids. Do not know if that is a Android Google or Motorola issue.

ccps

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Wifi tether

Since this phone is unlocked will I be able to turn on the mobile hotspot (verizon) with out extra charges? I'm going to purchase directly from Motorola and move my sim from S5 over.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084