I'm a long-time HTC user, coming from a One M7 and One M8. What I enjoy about HTC's Sense is the enhancements added to basic PDA functions of Google's apps that they've seemed to ignore:

• Unified contact sync among platforms (Google, Exchange, Facebook, LinkedIn)
    • Unified calendar (merging appointments from Exchange, Google, Facebook)
    • Seamless Exchange ActiveSync integration with GAL lookup
    • "Linkified" (click-able) hyperlinks parsed in E-mail

I'm hesitant to transition to the Moto-X Pure as I assume it only gets the current set of Google Apps without enhancements. Most of the functionality described above doesn't translate to Google's apps-- I have to use Gmail for Exchange and Google Contacts won't merge contact info from third-party services.

I've seen a few review videos where the icons of these basic apps look a little different than the current AOSP offerings but I'm wondering if Motorola's software has done anything to improve the functionality. What can I expect with the Moto-X Pure?
    09-16-2015 02:47 PM
    I transitioned from an M7 and I miss the contact merging, especially gathering pictures of all my contacts across social networks.

My Exchange calendar gets merged into my system calendar, so apps like Google Calendar show all the events merged, and my widgit of choice Chronus shows the events.

Exchange mail gets merged into the email app.

Links seem to get linkified, but not sure if the sender did that (Outlook & Basecamp)

These are straight up Google, no Motorola customizations.

Happy to be rid of my M7 camera though.
    09-16-2015 07:42 PM
    You give HTC a lot of credit.

I've got a nexus 5 and a nexus 9 along with a nexus 7 in the house so I've got experience with Google apps and I sync Google, LinkedIn, exchange and a few other accounts. Just saying all of that so you know where I'm coming from.

Contacts: all of your contacts from each account will show up in the contacts app.

Calendar: your exchange and Google calendar events will both show in the Google calendar app.

Exchange: exchange works just as expected.

Linkified: I have no idea what that means :-)

There's a reason why the "pure" is such a big selling point and skins are being scaled back from what they used to be.

If you have any questions let me know.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    09-16-2015 08:42 PM
    Facebook doesn't sync contacts like it did on HTC unfortunately.
    09-16-2015 09:53 PM