Is Verizon Visual Voicemail working for you on your Moto X Pure Edition?

thunderup

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Basic Visual Voicemail can not be enabled by me or an agent at this point. The one I just chatted with online said the phone isn't recognized yet. Bummer
Same problem here. I'm on a business account and when I added advanced calling it removed basic visual voicemail and it can't be added back.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

BattleSwine

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Finally got mine working... Had to keep changing voicemail type and adding advanced calling/HD voice in my vzw account. Two different basic and two different premium voicemail options. Price is same at both levels. The description isn't clear but half work with VoLTE and other half don't. Took a awhile to sort it out. Thankfully MXPE restarts faster than GN2. Started to remind me of Windows XP... Way to many restarts.

Posted via the Android Central App by XT1575

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Finally got mine working... Had to keep changing voicemail type and adding advanced calling/HD voice in my vzw account. Two different basic and two different premium voicemail options. Price is same at both levels. The description isn't clear but half work with VoLTE and other half don't. Took a awhile to sort it out. Thankfully MXPE restarts faster than GN2. Started to remind me of Windows XP... Way to many restarts.

Posted via the Android Central App by XT1575

Good info - still don't have mine going. Just the basic crap.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
The little voice mail icon never leaves since I set mine up. I can go in and delete data in the phone app and the icon goes away, but comes back if I restart the device- this is if I actually had a voice mail or not. Read in forums it is apparently a 5.1 Lollipop bug, FWIW.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Mine works fine.

Posted via the Android Central App

Yeah, I finally got a knowledgeable rep to help me out. She said when I switched devices it removed the basic visual vm from the account for whatever reason. She was the second rep - the first one said the VVM doesn't work with the Pure. Just goes to show me again....lol

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
My voice messaging was not working and kept a voice message icon even though no voice message. It finally started working today and the bogus message alert went away. Odd. Prior to this I had to force stop the phone task in app manager to get rid of the message icon that would keep popping up.

RikkiRay

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
Tired of wrestling with VZW about visual voicemail. :( Could not get it to work with my MXPE.

Tried Youmail - it's awesome! I'm using the free version. SO many options, including automatic blocking of spammers, telemarketers, pollsters & surveys!

If you are having issues with VZW visual voicemail or would just like to try something else, I suggest you try Youmail from the Google Play Store. Also suggest you peruse the Q&As on the youmail.com site for tips & tricks.

Not looking back to VZW's visual voicemail! :D My MXPE works great with Youmail.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Premium Visual Voice Mail still working great for me.

Posted via the Android Central App

thunderup

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
When I first added advanced calling to my line it removed basic visual voicemail and wouldn't let me add it back. That was a week or so after getting the phone. Verizon must have fixed something on their end because about a week ago I was able to add basic visual voicemail back to my line from their website and it had worked fine since. I'm using the visual voicemail app from Motorola.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

juststart

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Ironically I just uninstalled both the VZW Visual Voicemail and the Motorola Visual Voicemail and reinstalled the Motorola Visual Voicemail and it works

I'm curious how people are getting this app to work. When I visit the play store on the web, it says my device is incompatible.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm curious how people are getting this app to work. When I visit the play store on the web, it says my device is incompatible.

Can you link what app you're trying to download?

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calvinxander08