12-12-2015 11:12 AM
34 12
tools
    Is VZW Visual Voicemail working for others? After I install the app it just times out trying to set it up.
    09-16-2015 04:48 PM
    Is VZW Visual Voicemail working for others? After I install the app it just times out trying to set it up.
    Are you using this app?

Motorola Visual Voicemail

I was able to get it working on both my own and my wife's phone with no issue. I've since moved over to Google Voice to handle the voicemail service so it's built into the dialer now.
    jwentworth likes this.
    09-16-2015 04:51 PM
    Hi Benny,

Thank you for the quick reply. I have tried the Motorola Visual Voicemail as well as the VZW Visual Voicemail. Both just sit there spinning trying to connect and eventually fail.
    09-16-2015 05:00 PM
    Could be something going on with the server right now. Mine set up fine a few days ago.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    09-16-2015 05:03 PM
    This is working for me.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...isualvoicemail
    jwentworth likes this.
    09-16-2015 05:04 PM
    I couldn't get Verizon's app to work either. I tried youmail but didn't really like it. Finally settled on Google Voice. It works. Supposedly it is to be taken over by Hangouts, but I haven't figured out how to make that happen yet.

09-16-2015 05:07 PM
    Ironically I just uninstalled both the VZW Visual Voicemail and the Motorola Visual Voicemail and reinstalled the Motorola Visual Voicemail and it works
    Ry likes this.
    09-16-2015 05:13 PM
    I have Verizon visual voicemail on my phone. Works no problem.
    Ry likes this.
    09-16-2015 05:37 PM
    You know... this thread made me realize I still haven't setup voicemail for myself yet lol (T-Mobile).

I rarely get voicemails but I should still set it up in case I do.
    Ry likes this.
    09-16-2015 05:44 PM
    Mine works just fine with Verizon.

Posted via my Moto X Pure Edition
    09-16-2015 06:42 PM
    Just a question. Why do you all pay a monthly fee for visual voicemail when Google voice is free? I've been using it for almost 5 years now & it works great. Got much better recently too. I am on Verizon as well.

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Original Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10
    09-16-2015 08:51 PM
    Basic visual voice mail is free on Verizon fwiw.
    Evilnut likes this.
    09-16-2015 09:03 PM
    I've not had visual voicemail before, so I'm going to try it out.

What is the difference between https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...oicemail&hl=en
    and
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...idclient&hl=en ?

Which is the one you are using or prefer?
    09-16-2015 09:47 PM
    Just a question. Why do you all pay a monthly fee for visual voicemail when Google voice is free? I've been using it for almost 5 years now & it works great. Got much better recently too. I am on Verizon as well.

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Original Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10
    Visual Voicemail is free.... And my Google Voice number is now my Project fi number...

Posted via the Android Central App
    Evilnut likes this.
    09-16-2015 09:50 PM
    Basic visual voice mail is free on Verizon fwiw.
    And it's required for VoLTE

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-16-2015 09:51 PM
    I switched from the Moto X 2013 to the 2015 Pure Edition ordered from Motorola last Friday. I've been noticing that when every I'm on a call I loose the LTE symbol and can't use data while on a call. I called VzW today about the issue. They had to change my plan to "HD Voice" which wiped my classic voice. The VzW rep told me that I won't be able to get VzW's Basic Visual Voicemail until VzW certifies the devices for it. I don't know how long this will take & I'm assuming my Pure Edition won't ever be certified because I didn't order it from VzW.

So for now I have the ability to surf, use Google Now and GPS and receive MMS while on a phone call but I have no voice mail.
    09-17-2015 04:18 PM
    Hi Andr3w,

Thank you for the suggestion of having VZW add the HD Voice feature, I forgot all about that.
    09-17-2015 04:27 PM
    Are you using this app?

Motorola Visual Voicemail

I was able to get it working on both my own and my wife's phone with no issue. I've since moved over to Google Voice to handle the voicemail service so it's built into the dialer now.
    There are comments on the Play Story app indicating the app signs you up for the premium version [$2.99/month]. If you change back to basic you get an add to update to premium every time you open the app. Does this match your experience using the app?
    09-17-2015 09:39 PM
    I switched from the Moto X 2013 to the 2015 Pure Edition ordered from Motorola last Friday. I've been noticing that when every I'm on a call I loose the LTE symbol and can't use data while on a call. I called VzW today about the issue. They had to change my plan to "HD Voice" which wiped my classic voice. The VzW rep told me that I won't be able to get VzW's Basic Visual Voicemail until VzW certifies the devices for it. I don't know how long this will take & I'm assuming my Pure Edition won't ever be certified because I didn't order it from VzW.

So for now I have the ability to surf, use Google Now and GPS and receive MMS while on a phone call but I have no voice mail.
    It's certified already check the your account on the web
    09-17-2015 10:09 PM
    Basic Visual Voicemail can not be enabled by me or an agent at this point. The one I just chatted with online said the phone isn't recognized yet. Bummer
    09-21-2015 12:10 PM
    Basic Visual Voicemail can not be enabled by me or an agent at this point. The one I just chatted with online said the phone isn't recognized yet. Bummer
    Same problem here. I'm on a business account and when I added advanced calling it removed basic visual voicemail and it can't be added back.

09-21-2015 12:39 PM
    Finally got mine working... Had to keep changing voicemail type and adding advanced calling/HD voice in my vzw account. Two different basic and two different premium voicemail options. Price is same at both levels. The description isn't clear but half work with VoLTE and other half don't. Took a awhile to sort it out. Thankfully MXPE restarts faster than GN2. Started to remind me of Windows XP... Way to many restarts.

Posted via the Android Central App by XT1575
    10-02-2015 08:24 AM
    Finally got mine working... Had to keep changing voicemail type and adding advanced calling/HD voice in my vzw account. Two different basic and two different premium voicemail options. Price is same at both levels. The description isn't clear but half work with VoLTE and other half don't. Took a awhile to sort it out. Thankfully MXPE restarts faster than GN2. Started to remind me of Windows XP... Way to many restarts.

Posted via the Android Central App by XT1575
    Good info - still don't have mine going. Just the basic crap.
    10-02-2015 08:41 AM
    The little voice mail icon never leaves since I set mine up. I can go in and delete data in the phone app and the icon goes away, but comes back if I restart the device- this is if I actually had a voice mail or not. Read in forums it is apparently a 5.1 Lollipop bug, FWIW.
    10-02-2015 08:52 AM
    Bringing this back - anyone else been able to set up the Visual VM?
    10-06-2015 10:12 PM
34 12