11-07-2016 12:32 PM
47 12
tools
    But be aware that if a call is made or received in VoLTE and you drive into a 3G zone the call will be dropped.
    Very true. That is sadly one of the down-sides to Verizon's VoLTE. It can't do the hand-off.
    09-26-2015 02:16 PM
    I feel that the earpiece volume for the phone is low compared to my previous phones.

I've kept the volume at max, but still the voice is a bit difficult to hear. None of my other phones had this problem and for them, I've kept the volume at half to just above half. The is also a continuous static hum during calls.

Is that a problem or common to Moto phones?

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-28-2015 11:06 AM
    My volume is low also. So strange.

09-28-2015 09:58 PM
    My speakers are plenty loud for all other activities, but calls are just really low volume. Can't figure it out.

09-29-2015 10:04 PM
    What if you go to speaker phone?
    09-29-2015 10:25 PM
    What if you go to speaker phone?
    That works fine, its just the earpiece volume.

09-30-2015 05:37 AM
    I hear what folks mean. Catch is the speaker does not seem like it could handle louder, since gets a little muddy at full volume even though not that loud.
    09-30-2015 05:21 PM
    That works fine, its just the earpiece volume.

Is there a setting for hearing impaired? In many phones that boosts earpiece volume.
    10-05-2015 09:30 PM
    Is there a setting for hearing impaired? In many phones that boosts earpiece volume.
    Good thought, there is such a setting but it changes a ton of other stuff as well. Appreciate your idea.

10-06-2015 07:28 AM
    I like to listen to podcasts when I mow my yard and the Moto X Pure doesn't get nearly loud enough for me when using earbuds. It's ridiculous how low it is.
    10-06-2015 10:07 AM
    Good thought, there is such a setting but it changes a ton of other stuff as well. Appreciate your idea.

I never knew that.
    10-06-2015 10:33 AM
    Yes! I played music for years when I was younger and have a custom cabinet shop with loud saws so I admit I've damaged my hearing but just came from lg g3 and the earpiece on it was much louder. Only complaint I have with the phone. When you play audio through phone speakers there plenty loud so not sure why they made speaker so much quieter during calls.

10-22-2015 10:32 AM
    Yes! I played music for years when I was younger and have a custom cabinet shop with loud saws so I admit I've damaged my hearing but just came from lg g3 and the earpiece on it was much louder. Only complaint I have with the phone. When you play audio through phone speakers there plenty loud so not sure why they made speaker so much quieter during calls.

Plus reviews so far say the speaker output is very good, but I agree it could be louder.
    10-22-2015 04:02 PM
    On my original Moto X, the way you fix low volume in a call is to open the dialer, three button tap, calls, uncheck voice privacy.

10-22-2015 11:42 PM
    I haven't noticed any issues with call volume. It is just as loud as my 2013 Moto X.
    10-22-2015 11:57 PM
    Earpiece volume for calls is perfectly fine for me. Using T-Mobile.

10-23-2015 04:55 AM
    On my original Moto X, the way you fix low volume in a call is to open the dialer, three button tap, calls, uncheck voice privacy.

Thx KWKSLVR, would have never thought about that! Will give it a try and see how it works.
    01-21-2016 06:59 PM
    What people fail to realize is that how you hold the phone to your ear, as in the position of the speaker on your ear canal, greatly effects earpiece volume. Those who hold the phone in prime position have no trouble hearing and are happy with the volume. Those who don't, have the complaints. Experiment a little with it. It's doubtful that the the actual speaker volume varies as much as people in this thread lead us to believe.
    Yup. I initially had the same issue when I activated my phone and used it for a call. I thought WTF?!? but then began moving the phone about, actually holding it lower (so the earpiece was better located near my ear canal) and the volume became much better. I'll agree it isn't as LOUD as my old phone, but it is plenty loud now after readjusting how I hold it during calls.
    01-21-2016 08:37 PM
    thanks for the tips guys.
    01-21-2016 08:40 PM

Mos def. Came from the G3 and that was plenty loud, or could be if you wanted it to be...on the MXP does the volume rocker even adjust the call volume at all??? So frustrating...if I'm walking on the side walk or in a busy office I can hardly hear the caller. WTF if your phone isn't a good phone....
    05-04-2016 06:29 PM
    Interesting. I have some minor hearing problems but I don't have any problems hearing on a phone call.
    05-04-2016 07:10 PM
    I agree phone volume is much too low. Is there any fix for it, i find it low even with corded and Bluetooth

It's fine inside in a relatively quiet room, but if there's moderate or loud background noise, it can be very hard to hear the caller.

Moto X Pure Edition (Verizon)
    11-07-2016 12:32 PM
47 12