Pictures/MMS Received are fuzzy/blurry on my Moto X Pure Edition

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone noticed anything wrong with pictures/screenshots being slightly blurry or fuzzy? All of the pictures that I have received have not been clear at all. Seems as if the images aren't being fully processed before they arrive to my phone. I am on Verizon. Would this be a Verizon thing or a phone thing?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Moto X Pure Receiving Pictures

My MMS messages have been fine. The person on the other end can't tell I've even switched phones. I am on T-Mobile.

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site

All a SIM card does it let you connect to a specific network...not sure how it will affect your picture focus???

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site

All a SIM card does it let you connect to a specific network...not sure how it will affect your picture focus???

I have also not been receiving regular text messages and have even missed some calls. This happened on my Nexus 6. That's why I want to just go get a different SIM card.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Has anyone noticed anything wrong with pictures/screenshots being slightly blurry or fuzzy? All of the pictures that I have received have not been clear at all. Seems as if the images aren't being fully processed before they arrive to my phone. I am on Verizon. Would this be a Verizon thing or a phone thing?

Where are the pictures coming from?

65fastback

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site

i have a couple of specific friends that when they mms me pictures, its like I receive the thumnail of the actual pic. I think its a problem with the setting on their phone. They all seem to be imessage users.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
This is an example of what I'm talking about. See how pixelated it is?

Posted via my Royal Blue/Champagne Frame Moto X... Unlimited on Verizon as well!

Attachments

• 1926.jpg
    1926.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 96

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Something else I just noticed is that the size of the pictures that are being sent to me are being reduced. On the original device the picture is 312 kb but when it comes to my phone the picture is 30 kb. Is there some setting that I could adjust? This could be the reason why the pictures are coming to me pixelated.

Posted via my Royal Blue/Champagne Frame Moto X... Unlimited on Verizon as well!

RikkiRay

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
Not sure, but I also think the size of the pics you're receiving is dependent upon the setup in the sender's phone.

One other thing that someone mentioned in another thread somewhere, go into Settings>Accessibility, scroll down to System & see if High Contrast text is On. If it is, turn it off & see if that helps.

Sometimes when I receive a video from an iPhone, it plays back the size of a postage stamp.

Last edited:

BlueBlazer60

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
Something else I just noticed is that the size of the pictures that are being sent to me are being reduced. On the original device the picture is 312 kb but when it comes to my phone the picture is 30 kb. Is there some setting that I could adjust? This could be the reason why the pictures are coming to me pixelated.

It is not unusual for SMS and email software to 'optimize pictures'. Reduce file size. Some just do it; others offer a choice. Some just don't play well together. It could be on either end send - you or the person sending to you.

Until I changed SMS apps, photo and video from iPhone took for ever and a day to download. Now the same items download instantly. Anything coming from the iMessager has been handled by Apple's special methods.

Edit: correct spelling

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
It is not unusual for SMS and email software to 'optimize pictures'. Reduce file size. Some just do it; others offer a choice. Some just don't play well together. It could be on either end send - you or the person sending to you.

Until I changed SMS apps, photo and video from iPhone took for ever and a day to download. Now the same items download instantly. Anything coming from the iMessager has been handled by Apple's special methods.

Edit: correct spelling

I ended up changing apps and now the pics I get are now showing up properly. I'm actually giving the Verizon messages app a try. So far so good. Besides this issue I'm loving the phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae