I returned my 16GB Moto X Pure Edition because it wasn't enough space for me

philip1766

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
I just returned my moto x pure because I decided to be cheap and get the 16gb option. I was thinking that I could move all of my apps to my SD card. Boy, was I wrong. When you first get it, you only get 9GB Free. After I install the apps I use the most, I was left with only 2GB left and that's after I moved all the apps I could to the SD card. I was planing to make this my end all be all of phones. It is a great phone, but only 2GB left and I had for less the a week, I returned it and planing on get the 32gb option as soon as I get my refund.

GeordieAffy

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site
Re: Do not get the 16gb option.

Yeah this is why 16GB should just be banned everywhere. Wonder how people use 16GB without SD cards.

(Yeah and before anyone mensions this ... Cloud isnt the same)

Sent from S3 via Tapatalk App.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

I could probably get away with 16GB + microSD card.

Pictures and videos will be what take up the most space for me and having them on the microSD card would leave enough room for me.

Anthony_NE

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site

I could probably get away with 16GB + microSD card.

Pictures and videos will be what take up the most space for me and having them on the microSD card would leave enough room for me.

Same. I currently have 4 gigs free and with pics and videos going to the SD card I can't foresee a problem.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

Well, 16G has a place.... For the lower tier phones, it is a good compromise in terms of price vs performance. But those lower spec'd phones usually come with the expectation that they will be used as such. Like the Moto G, for instance. It comes with an 8 and 16G option, with the 16G option by far the better choice. But the system image used is basically built for a phone that has only 8G, so it is a lot more economical.

I am guessing the XPE's 16G image has all the same stuff that the 32G has... when you take that big chunk of storage that is reserved for system use off the table, that won't leave you with much.

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site

FWIW, my 32GB didn't have much memory on it either. It seemed like I had about 20GB useable and then after I transferred over my pics/videos from my GS6 (about 3.5GB worth), installed apps, and transferred over other content, I had about 9GB left. That's not very much for a 32GB phone. And I don't really have that much stuff on there. I'll re-verify later today when I factory reset one of mine just to see.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

FWIW, my 32GB didn't have much memory on it either. It seemed like I had about 20GB useable and then after I transferred over my pics/videos from my GS6 (about 3.5GB worth), installed apps, and transferred over other content, I had about 9GB left. That's not very much for a 32GB phone. And I don't really have that much stuff on there. I'll re-verify later today when I factory reset one of mine just to see.

It was about 24GB, IIRC.

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site

It was about 24GB, IIRC.

Finally was able to check. Just under 22GB use able with fresh factory reset. About 11GB left after phone setup, apps, pics. Good thing it has an SD card slot!

EDIT: not sure why AC App rotated my pics...

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 8681.jpg
    8681.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 178
  • 8682.jpg
    8682.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 176

dakalter69

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm hoping the android marshmallow feature where you can format the SD card as internal storage makes it over.

Ryaan Johnson

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
Wow I just called Motorola to get the label to return it. And they offered me a xcode so I could redo my order in the maker and they will send it to me. I do not have to send back this unit until my new bigger one gets here.. Awesome job Motorola ...

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Wow I just called Motorola to get the label to return it. And they offered me a xcode so I could redo my order in the maker and they will send it to me. I do not have to send back this unit until my new bigger one gets here.. Awesome job Motorola ...

That's how it's supposed to work.

Ryaan Johnson

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
That's how it's supposed to work.

Bad news. The code would only work for another 16 gig. So set it up for the return through FedEx.. Shouldn't take that long. Once they refund me I can get the 64 gig ordered

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
This was my phone when I got it after installing 50ish apps. This is the 64 GB version.

Attachments

• 1442626175536.jpg
    1442626175536.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 135

philip1766

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site

Yeah.... I didn't get that option. Wished I asked too.

dby2011

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I decided to stick with my 16 after seeing videos of how the sdcard will work in Android M. I also have a Windows 8 phone where apps can be stored and run from a sdcard and never had issues. It looks like Sept 29th will be the official Android M and Nexus unveiling. I assume the Moto Pure will get Android M a few weeks after that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781