Have HD calling activated but no options for video calls. Am I missing something? No options to turn on video calling from anywhere that I can see..Service with Verizon.
    09-20-2015 05:01 PM
    You'll only get video calling from apps you download. The only built-in app that includes it is Hangouts, and the person you want to call also has to have Hangouts.
    09-20-2015 05:03 PM
    The phone doesn't have Verizon customizations, therefore no face calling in the advanced calling. VoLTE is built in to Android, so that works though. And HD voice calling too.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    09-20-2015 05:08 PM
    Hangouts has gotten better than before. With my moto x pure it seems to work flawless. I wouldn't have said that with my s5
    09-20-2015 05:18 PM
    Hangouts is the app you need
    jasoraso likes this.
    09-20-2015 05:23 PM
    Nexus 6 and MXPE don't have video calling because they use the stock dialer. Only HD voice is supported (and volte). Hangouts is great though, use it every time I travel to chat with the wife and kid.
    09-20-2015 05:36 PM
    I get the OP's point though. Not everyone uses Hangouts.
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
    09-20-2015 05:52 PM
    Is that T-Mobile?

You'll only get video calling from apps you download. The only built-in app that includes it is Hangouts, and the person you want to call also has to have Hangouts.
    Verizon advanced calling usually adds video calling as well. It won't on the Moto since it doesn't have the Verizon software to do it.
    09-20-2015 06:12 PM
    Can someone please confirm they can still get data when no Wi-Fi and on a call? Returned moto x recently as this is deal breaker for me.
    09-21-2015 04:20 AM
    Can someone please confirm they can still get data when no Wi-Fi and on a call? Returned moto x recently as this is deal breaker for me.
    I do with VoLTE. None of the newer phones will do voice and data simultaneously on Verizon or Sprint without VoLTE.

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-21-2015 04:49 AM
    EJY, you do that with what phone? I know the nexus 6 does it, but moto-x 2014 model did not last month (Aug 2015).
    09-21-2015 11:37 AM
    I do with VoLTE. None of the newer phones will do voice and data simultaneously on Verizon or Sprint without VoLTE.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Just got my MXP this week. Activated it on Verizon with no issues. But now I found out that I do not have voice and data at the same time. Just like Brian 4pletche said, this is a big deal. How do you turn on VoLTE. I went to Settings > More >Cellular Networks but do not see another option for advanced calling or VoLTE.
    10-30-2015 09:26 AM
    Did you set it up under your Verizon account on the Verizon web site?
    Then go to settings > more > cellular networks > enhanced 4G LTE Mode and turn it on.
    10-30-2015 10:10 AM
    Just got my MXP this week. Activated it on Verizon with no issues. But now I found out that I do not have voice and data at the same time. Just like Brian 4pletche said, this is a big deal. How do you turn on VoLTE. I went to Settings > More >Cellular Networks but do not see another option for advanced calling or VoLTE.
    Turn on the feature on the Verizon website. Then restart your phone. The option should appear for enhanced lte.

Another way to fix issues is to turn the feature on, then off, then back on in the Verizon website. Then restart your phone.
    10-30-2015 11:04 AM
    That's all good and dandy but.....I just called both verizon and motorola both claiming advanced calling with hd voice and voice over data is NOT supported on the MXPE. I went verizon's website in my account and the feature is grayed out. I called verizon and they said my phone does not have it and that I may have to call motorola and have them activated it. I called motorola and they said they can't do anything to help me. So how is everyone going about doing this?
    10-30-2015 04:49 PM
    That's all good and dandy but.....I just called both verizon and motorola both claiming advanced calling with hd voice and voice over data is NOT supported on the MXPE. I went verizon's website in my account and the feature is grayed out. I called verizon and they said my phone does not have it and that I may have to call motorola and have them activated it. I called motorola and they said they can't do anything to help me. So how is everyone going about doing this?
    It sounds like you got a rep who didn't know what they were doing. Many members have confirmed VoLTE on the Moto X. The video calling with advanced calling won't work since that's Verizon software fully but you should be able to have it added to your account.
    10-31-2015 12:38 PM
    Where is this available to do in my verizon account? Is it per phone or per account?
    11-17-2015 11:21 AM
    Per phone.
    11-17-2015 11:41 AM
    Where is this available to do in my verizon account? Is it per phone or per account?
    Where you go to add features to your phone, there's a 'Premium' tab and a 'Free' tab. It usually defaults to Premium, so click on the Free tab and you'll see advanced calling.
    11-17-2015 12:28 PM
    Yes. I do.
    11-17-2015 01:00 PM
    I just activated advanced calling on Friday. Calls between my wife's iPhone 6+ and my MXPE sound great in HD!! Everyone else sounds just like they did before, and I have used voice and data while sitting in a parking lot with no WiFi.

So far so good for me!
    11-17-2015 03:43 PM