Moto X Pure Edition: Apps Running In Background?

RikkiRay

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
Just curious what shows on other users' MXPEs. I checked my running apps & was surprised to see that the Gallery, Camera & Moto Connect were all running in the background.

I'm not using Moto Connect, so I disabled it. Stopped the Gallery & Camera apps. Went back, opened & closed the Gallery & Camera.

Went back to see the running apps. Camera again remained running in the background, so I stopped it again. It doesn't appear to be affecting anything else after stopping it.

Anybody else? Can't see why some things keep running in the background. I've been getting very good battery life for my usage, so maybe stopping these apps will help a little bit more.

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Re: Moto X Pure: Apps Running In Background?

The camera is running in the background in order to enable the twist to open gesture. I'd suggest to not worry about which apps are running. If you see an app using an inordinate amount of battery in your battery stats, then it's time to take action

Sent from my XT1575

djh2011

May 1, 2011
Visit site

Speaking of apps running, why is there no "clear all" option when I open up the recent apps through the square button? I really like how quick this phone is, but it's the little things that are starting to get to me. Not being able to customize on screen buttons, having to swipe down twice, lower than expected earpiece volume, and not having a clear function in recent apps.

Posted via the Android Central App

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

Speaking of apps running, why is there no "clear all" option when I open up the recent apps through the square button? I really like how quick this phone is, but it's the little things that are starting to get to me. Not being able to customize on screen buttons, having to swipe down twice, lower than expected earpiece volume, and not having a clear function in recent apps.

Another one for me too. You can either remove them via the "X" after it shows or swipe it away.

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site

When you refer to swiping down twice, are you referring to the notification panel? if so try swiping down with two fingers, that should get you there quicker.

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site

Stock Android does not have a clear all option; it's something the OEM's add in. Not sure if that changes in Marshmallow.

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site

Install Nova and you will be able to customize on screen buttons. Use two fingers to swipe down and you will only have to do it once...or use Nova to set a swipe down gesture the way you want. My earpiece volume seems very good?? The clear function is not necessary! Been explained so many times in so many forums...they are not "running" in the background as you may think. They are sitting in cache so that they can come up a little faster the next time you want them. This is the way Android works with Ram/Cache. It is NOT like Windows Ram use.

djh2011

May 1, 2011
Visit site

Install Nova and you will be able to customize on screen buttons. Use two fingers to swipe down and you will only have to do it once...or use Nova to set a swipe down gesture the way you want. My earpiece volume seems very good?? The clear function is not necessary! Been explained so many times in so many forums...they are not "running" in the background as you may think. They are sitting in cache so that they can come up a little faster the next time you want them. This is the way Android works with Ram/Cache. It is NOT like Windows Ram use.

I have Nova installed. I don't see where I can move the triangle, square and circle around. I want the back key on the right. Easier for my right thumb. As for the swipe down, I tried using nova for the swipe down or tap but it won't work correctly. I knew about the 2 finger swipe. Just being picky. :}

BlueBlazer60

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site

I have Nova installed. I don't see where I can move the triangle, square and circle around. I want the back key on the right. Easier for my right thumb. As for the swipe down, I tried using nova for the swipe down or tap but it won't work correctly. I knew about the 2 finger swipe. Just being picky. :}

You purchased a 'pure Android' phone. It does not have the extra features added by Samsung and other manufacturers to their phones.

djh2011

May 1, 2011
Visit site

You purchased a 'pure Android' phone. It does not have the extra features added by Samsung and other manufacturers to their phones.

I get that. This is my first "pure" phone so there is a learning curve. Doesn't mean I have to like everything that comes with pure experience. As I said, I'm being picky. But aren't we all? Otherwise, these forums would not be filled up every day. :)

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

IMO, that just shows how important the OEM "skins" are. I'm not an Android purist in the sense that everything must be AOSP or Nexus. Some of these features might not have come to "stock" Android if OEMs weren't adding it to their interfaces.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34