Anyone else feel like a Jedi?

Slow_S10

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I have a 2014 Mot X and the active notifications are a huge part of why I want to stick with another Moto X for my next phone. Right now I am waiting on the new Nexus phones to see if they end up having some amazing new feature that I would be willing to give up the active display for, but honestly I sincerely doubt it. Right now between the new speakers, bigger screen, better camera, SD card support and all of the good stuff from the previous Moto X phones carrying forward, the Nexus phones will be hard pressed to pull me away from a Moto X.

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I also turned off that feature because I found it to be too sensitive. :confused:

Heck if I even looked at it and blinked my eyes it seemed to turn on! :eek:

However, turning it off does not stop it totally from doing what I want. All I have to do is slightly move the phone and the screen comes on the same way. So instead of waving my hand over the phone I just give it a nudge and get the same results! :cool:

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I also turned off that feature because I found it to be too sensitive. :confused:

Heck if I even looked at it and blinked my eyes it seemed to turn on! :eek:

However, turning it off does not stop it totally from doing what I want. All I have to do is slightly move the phone and the screen comes on the same way. So instead of waving my hand over the phone I just give it a nudge and get the same results! :cool:

With two apps and you get similar function, but not all the notification stuff and easier to disable when not needed:

Auto Screen On: It uses the top left corner sensor for wax on action and can be easily disabled the in task bar (I use it when leaving the Pure out on a surface for extended periods and disable it when not).

Screen Off and Lock: This saves pressing the power button all the time to turn it off.

You can get an app that does both wax on and off, but I find this combo much better and not a battery killer. The usage of these apps do not show up in statistics since very low weight of power usage.

streetkilln

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
It kept causing my phone to turn on in my pocket.
Lies, it shouldnt turn on when its in ur pocket unless u have the pocket detection feature off..
If it still wakes up install an app called gravity screen, sad to see people disabling a feature that is one of the phones top features

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Lies, it shouldnt turn on when its in ur pocket unless u have the pocket detection feature off..
If it still wakes up install an app called gravity screen, sad to see people disabling a feature that is one of the phones top features

Why would I lie about that?

anon(19981)

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I have owned Moto 1, 2 and pure edition's. This is the first one that I have had to turn off active display. It was also constantly turning on in my pocket and dialing numbers. Love the phone with this one exception.

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MOSHE TVITO