New Moto Care Options

anon(9268751)

May 28, 2015
Visit site
This is how I was able to get it to show up:

If you don't have a Motorola ID, sign up for one - Moto Care - Smartphone Accident Protection - Motorola. I think it's the same account you used to purchase your MXPE if you ordered through MotoMaker.

On the phone, go to SETTINGS > Motorola ID > enter your email that you registered with Motorola

Once you added your Motorola ID to the phone, go back to the link above and sign in. It may show Moto X Pure Edition in the drop down. If not, click on MY STUFF on the top right and click on ADD DEVICE and follow the steps. But I think once you added your Moto ID to your phone, it should automatically be added to the site.

Apparently if you buy the two year Moto care plan it includes the the extra year of mechanical coverage. At least that what seemed to be the case when I chatted with sales support. I bought the two year plan when I ordered the phone

dcemureviews

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Apparently if you buy the two year Moto care plan it includes the the extra year of mechanical coverage. At least that what seemed to be the case when I chatted with sales support. I bought the two year plan when I ordered the phone
Yes, that is what is stated per image from VoltaicShock's post.

2 year includes accidental and extra year of extended mechanical coverage.

15 months gets you 15 months of accidental and 3 extra months of extended mechanical

1 additional year of mechanical adds on to the existing 1 year manufacturer warranty on all new items.
I was playing around with Moto Maker trying to decide on the phone and noticed they added some new options for Moto Care

View attachment 197944

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
For those who don't think they "need" any insurance because they have never had an issue before...well, all it takes is one drop on concrete and you will WISH you had the insurance! It's much cheaper than paying to get these thing repaired...not to mention being without your communications lifeline for who knows how long while it's being repaired. With insurance, they send you a replacement before you have to send them the damaged phone so you always have one to use! Think about it!

greg5524

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
For those who don't think they "need" any insurance because they have never had an issue before...well, all it takes is one drop on concrete and you will WISH you had the insurance! It's much cheaper than paying to get these thing repaired...not to mention being without your communications lifeline for who knows how long while it's being repaired. With insurance, they send you a replacement before you have to send them the damaged phone so you always have one to use! Think about it!

Do you realize that if you buy enough insurance that you never use eventually you've spent as much as a replacement?

I'm not trying to say do/don't get it, but don't act like getting it is simple math/no brainer.

I've never bought insurance on anything other than car/medical and I'm way, way ahead financially (way behind on car/med obv). YMMV

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Wait until the day you break the screen and you don't have insurance...you will remember this conversation as it seers into your brain while your eyes fill with tears! I have used mine two times. Once for me and once for the wife. Indispensable! It's like all the people who never buy flood insurance and then it rains, and rains, and rains, and...well you get the picture. Think Hurricane Sandy!

AustinTech

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Do you realize that if you buy enough insurance that you never use eventually you've spent as much as a replacement?

I'm not trying to say do/don't get it, but don't act like getting it is simple math/no brainer.

I've never bought insurance on anything other than car/medical and I'm way, way ahead financially (way behind on car/med obv). YMMV

Straight up insurance expert here. Seriously, I am an expert.

Dude is financially correct. If you can withstand the $400 hit (low severity) and you don't really drop your devices (low frequency) then insurance is a bad deal.

But insurance decisions are a little emotional. Some people just like the piece of mind.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance