On my last phone, when I received a new text message, a little "1" would be displayed on the actual text message icon, showing that I have one text message that hasn't been read.

I noticed that this feature either isn't on the MXPE or I don't have it enabled. Can this feature be turned on?
    09-23-2015 01:36 AM
    Are u talking about the icon or the one on the status bar. Because if its the icon on homescreen u can get a different home launcher that supports that feature , theres a few lollipop launchera out there that do
    09-23-2015 06:00 AM
    That feature isn't included in the Moto stock launcher, you'll need to install a custom one. One option could be Nova Prime + Tesla unread plugin.
    09-23-2015 08:03 AM
    Are u talking about the icon or the one on the status bar. Because if its the icon on homescreen u can get a different home launcher that supports that feature , theres a few lollipop launchera out there that do
    I'm talking about the icon that is at the bottom of the screen.
    09-23-2015 08:23 AM
    On my Galaxy Note 2, my Facebook app and my Aquamail app would show a number above the app icon showing how many unread notifications or e-mails I have. I cannot find a way to turn that on for the Pure. Is this because of the screen notification thing, or is there a way to get the apps to display that info like on the Note 2? I have looked through all of the notification settings and can't seem to find that.

If I am unclear about what I'm asking, let me know and I'll try to clarify.

Todd
    09-23-2015 07:23 PM
    That's something missing in Stock Android. No way to turn it on. Watching this thread to see if there are workarounds without rooting the phone or using other launchers

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-23-2015 07:42 PM
    You can get those notifications with Nova Prime and Tesla Unread plugin.
    co.ag.2005 and MoPhoMan like this.
    09-23-2015 07:45 PM
    This is what I use.

Sent from my Moto X Pure Edition via Tapatalk
    MoPhoMan likes this.
    09-23-2015 08:57 PM
    It's not an AOSP feature. Google also does not include it in their Nexus fork.

So Motorola doesn't add something like that in theirs.
    09-23-2015 09:10 PM
    I decided to try out Nova Prime as noted above. It seems to work, though I'll have to keep an eye on it. The app deleted all of my existing folders so I had to spend an hour redoing it all, but I do like the customizing ability of the app.

Any idea how to change the labels for the folders? I can change the labels for the apps themselves, but the folders. I want to change from white labels to black.
    09-23-2015 09:47 PM
    I decided to try out Nova Prime as noted above. It seems to work, though I'll have to keep an eye on it. The app deleted all of my existing folders so I had to spend an hour redoing it all, but I do like the customizing ability of the app.

Any idea how to change the labels for the folders? I can change the labels for the apps themselves, but the folders. I want to change from white labels to black.
    Settings > Desktop > Icon layout
    09-24-2015 10:46 AM
    Thank you! It's only been a day and I was going nuts missing the app notifications. Had to spend a little $$$ but I feel so much better now. Thanks again!
    Javier P likes this.
    09-24-2015 12:00 PM
    Thank you! It's only been a day and I was going nuts missing the app notifications. Had to spend a little $$$ but I feel so much better now. Thanks again!
    Glad it helped! Nova was the first app I ever bought and never regretted it. Since you have the Prime version play around with gestures, swipe up actions and folders & tabs in the drawer. Full of great features.
    09-24-2015 12:05 PM
    Settings > Desktop > Icon layout
    Perfect, thanks!

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    09-24-2015 01:29 PM
    Use kk launcher its better than nova..
    09-25-2015 06:12 AM