12-12-2015 05:51 PM
73 123
tools
    Nice. I'm planning on getting the champagne frame as well .. Definitely wanna show that off!

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-24-2015 07:52 AM
    I don't see how anyone can go without a case, or something that will help you grip it. The phone is large and slippery, even with the soft touch backs. Bezels are very thin. It is so easy to touch the screen inadvertently if you try to use one hand. A soft thin bumper is ideal for me. Adds grip without covering the back. The supplied bumper is not soft enough but will get me by until something better comes out.

Seems like I'm the opposite of most here. I prefer a case, mostly for grip, and never use a screen protector. I haven't scratched a screen since the plastic days. If you are careful where you put your phone, especially in your pocket, you should never scratch a screen. There is nothing else in my pocket if the phone is there.
    cdubb1 likes this.
    09-24-2015 07:54 AM
    I never use cases or screen protectors.
    09-24-2015 08:38 AM
    At work I will use a bumper, but other than that nothing but the screen protector.
    09-24-2015 09:54 AM
    Went naked for a week, and had more near misses with this phone than I think I have with the 20 or so I have owned total. I HAD to break down and buy a case, or I was on the road to destruction of my MotoX. Went with the Otter.
    09-24-2015 12:24 PM
    Naked for the time being, might pick up a tempered glass screen protector.

If someone made a bumper similar in style to the included one but was actually quality I would be tempted to grab one.

I also went with the silicon back for the added grip over the wood.
    09-24-2015 12:30 PM
    I've been a case user since the days of my droid incredible ... But I refuse to pay for a customized phone and not see and feel what I paid for. I've been carrying my LG G3 naked for a few weeks now to get used to the idea and I'm not sure the Pure can be much slicker or have much thinner bezels than this and niether has been an issue for me.

09-24-2015 01:19 PM
    Naked for the time being, might pick up a tempered glass screen protector.

If someone made a bumper similar in style to the included one but was actually quality I would be tempted to grab one.

I also went with the silicon back for the added grip over the wood.
    Moto X Pure Edition Cases | Moto X Pure Edition Covers | Moto X Accessories | Case-Mate - Case-Mate.com
    So Cold likes this.
    09-24-2015 02:07 PM
    I've been a case user since the days of my droid incredible ... But I refuse to pay for a customized phone and not see and feel what I paid for. I've been carrying my LG G3 naked for a few weeks now to get used to the idea and I'm not sure the Pure can be much slicker or have much thinner bezels than this and niether has been an issue for me.

You can always get a case that has a clear back to it which not only protects but also shows off the customized phone. I'm also coming from the G3 and the Pure feels so much bigger even though its almost the same size in width. With the G3, I can handle it with 1 hand. With the Pure, I need both hands. I can do it with one hand but my palm near my thumb would activate something on the side like send a message when I didn't even finish typing.
    09-24-2015 02:10 PM
    I saw that one (thanks for the link) but I just don't think that one is for me. I'm very picky so I'll keep waiting and watching.
    09-24-2015 02:13 PM
    I am still rocking the Moto screen label because I'm terrified I will drop my phone.
    09-24-2015 03:13 PM
    Just screen protector. No bumper or case. Motocare is pretty good and its not the iphone, aka worth alot of value. So why not enjoy the phone you customized?

09-24-2015 07:19 PM
    Hate cases. Phone is already a little tight in my skinny jeans. A case would be too much. A tempered glass screen protector is a must though. The smallest grain of sand gets into your pocket up against the screen and SCRATCH!!!!!
    09-25-2015 09:01 PM
    Naked here as well and carry in a neoprene pouch for protection

Sent from my hot red leather clad Moto X Pure Edition using Tapatalk
    09-26-2015 12:00 AM
    Putting a case or bumper on a custom phone will only make it look ugly. Add to that its an already big phone so not adding anymore unnecessary bulk.
    09-26-2015 12:17 AM
    I don't use either. I do have a tempered glass screen protector on it, but that's it.
    What kind of brand of tempered screen protector do you use? Mind a lists?

09-26-2015 09:21 AM
    What kind of brand of tempered screen protector do you use? Mind a lists?

For the X Pure I got this one: Amazon.com: Supershieldz® Motorola Moto X Pure Edition Tempered Glass Screen Protector, Ballistics Glass 0.3mm 9H Hardness Featuring Anti-Scratch, Anti-Fingerprint, Bubble Free -Crystal Clear - Retail Packaging: Cell Phones & Accessories
    09-26-2015 03:00 PM
    I need a tempered glass screen protector that is available to buy in the UK has anyone ordered one yet?
    09-26-2015 04:04 PM
    Naked. The phone is cheap enough, so I'll take my chances. I'm curious though, why do people still use screen protectors?
    09-26-2015 10:11 PM
    Depending upon usage, sand or grit in a pocket or bag tends to scratch the glass. Cheaper to replace a screen protector. Better resale value. Just because.
    09-26-2015 10:46 PM
    Naked. The phone is cheap enough, so I'll take my chances. I'm curious though, why do people still use screen protectors?
    Children

09-27-2015 06:19 AM
    I used it today without the included bumper. Felt better but I still wouldn't risk it.
    09-29-2015 06:05 PM
    I never use screen protectors or cases on my phones.
    09-29-2015 07:45 PM
    I normally put my phone in a case but I really love the look of my Red leather with Metallic Limon highlights. So I tried the bumper that came with for a day or two and it sucked. I finally ended up buying a generic pouch with a belt clip. I have my phone on my desk all day so I use the pouch when I am out and about. I like the way it protects when walking around. I have not had any problems with the phone being slippery but I am VERY careful with it just like I am with all my phones.
    09-29-2015 08:18 PM
    These just became available from Motorola and CaseMate. http://forums.androidcentral.com/e?l...token=Ph9Fs6BQ

10-01-2015 12:37 AM
73 123