Anybody using the Moto X Pure Edition without a case or bumper?

ngc457

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: Anybody using the phone without a case or bumper?

No case or bumper. I hate them. I have never dropped a phone in my life. Have you dropped a baby? If you are careful and care about something, it won't be dropped. I do have a screen protector on order. You can have a few grains of sand in your pocket, slide your phone in and scratched screen. I use a protector for that reason.

ejb1013

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

I don't have mine yet (ordering tomorrow) but I'm just wondering, for all of you that are choosing to go naked, is the included bumper really that bad? I was hoping it would be good enough to protect the corners and still show off the phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

trenchkato

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

I don't have mine yet (ordering tomorrow) but I'm just wondering, for all of you that are choosing to go naked, is the included bumper really that bad? I was hoping it would be good enough to protect the corners and still show off the phone.

I actually like the included bumper. It fits fine I just wish it wasn't as shiny.

Akuma

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site

Totally naked. I'll probably use a screen protector at some point. Never a case or bumper.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site

I use the bumper. I don't think its that bad at all. I wish it didn't move around as much as it does. It can be tricky to put it on the phone and remove it from the phone, at least from my experience. I would prefer to have a clear bumper. I still like the feel of the back of the phone. The bumper, at least for me, makes it more secure in hand. I still get to show off the champagne frame as well. Like someone else said...I just wish it wasn't as shiny.

ejb1013

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

Nice. I'm planning on getting the champagne frame as well .. Definitely wanna show that off!

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site

I don't see how anyone can go without a case, or something that will help you grip it. The phone is large and slippery, even with the soft touch backs. Bezels are very thin. It is so easy to touch the screen inadvertently if you try to use one hand. A soft thin bumper is ideal for me. Adds grip without covering the back. The supplied bumper is not soft enough but will get me by until something better comes out.

Seems like I'm the opposite of most here. I prefer a case, mostly for grip, and never use a screen protector. I haven't scratched a screen since the plastic days. If you are careful where you put your phone, especially in your pocket, you should never scratch a screen. There is nothing else in my pocket if the phone is there.

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site

At work I will use a bumper, but other than that nothing but the screen protector.

YeahMon360

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site

Went naked for a week, and had more near misses with this phone than I think I have with the 20 or so I have owned total. I HAD to break down and buy a case, or I was on the road to destruction of my MotoX. Went with the Otter.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

Naked for the time being, might pick up a tempered glass screen protector.

If someone made a bumper similar in style to the included one but was actually quality I would be tempted to grab one.

I also went with the silicon back for the added grip over the wood.

ejb1013

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I've been a case user since the days of my droid incredible ... But I refuse to pay for a customized phone and not see and feel what I paid for. I've been carrying my LG G3 naked for a few weeks now to get used to the idea and I'm not sure the Pure can be much slicker or have much thinner bezels than this and niether has been an issue for me.

dcemureviews

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site

dcemureviews

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I've been a case user since the days of my droid incredible ... But I refuse to pay for a customized phone and not see and feel what I paid for. I've been carrying my LG G3 naked for a few weeks now to get used to the idea and I'm not sure the Pure can be much slicker or have much thinner bezels than this and niether has been an issue for me.

You can always get a case that has a clear back to it which not only protects but also shows off the customized phone. I'm also coming from the G3 and the Pure feels so much bigger even though its almost the same size in width. With the G3, I can handle it with 1 hand. With the Pure, I need both hands. I can do it with one hand but my palm near my thumb would activate something on the side like send a message when I didn't even finish typing.

globster2000

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Just screen protector. No bumper or case. Motocare is pretty good and its not the iphone, aka worth alot of value. So why not enjoy the phone you customized?

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Hate cases. Phone is already a little tight in my skinny jeans. A case would be too much. A tempered glass screen protector is a must though. The smallest grain of sand gets into your pocket up against the screen and SCRATCH!!!!!

pinoymutt

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
Naked here as well and carry in a neoprene pouch for protection

Sent from my hot red leather clad Moto X Pure Edition using Tapatalk

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Putting a case or bumper on a custom phone will only make it look ugly. Add to that its an already big phone so not adding anymore unnecessary bulk.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae