Anybody using the Moto X Pure Edition without a case or bumper?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: Anybody using the phone without a case or bumper?

I need a tempered glass screen protector that is available to buy in the UK has anyone ordered one yet?

RikkiRay

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
Depending upon usage, sand or grit in a pocket or bag tends to scratch the glass. Cheaper to replace a screen protector. Better resale value. Just because. :)

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I used it today without the included bumper. Felt better but I still wouldn't risk it.

Last edited:

travaz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I normally put my phone in a case but I really love the look of my Red leather with Metallic Limon highlights. So I tried the bumper that came with for a day or two and it sucked. I finally ended up buying a generic pouch with a belt clip. I have my phone on my desk all day so I use the pouch when I am out and about. I like the way it protects when walking around. I have not had any problems with the phone being slippery but I am VERY careful with it just like I am with all my phones.

irasmith

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
Very interesting read of the posts on this thread, never realized that many went without a case but can understand why those who made a custom phone would not want to hide it away in a case. I opted for one of the standard black/gray ones from Amazon and have been using it pretty heavy in the week that I have had it. Have to admit that even though it is just a standard black/gray phone I do like the look of it and the feel of it being out of a case and no bumper used either. I did order a SUPCase though for added protection. Just felt the added protection would be worth it as I do carry the phone in my backpack when I am backpacking, using it to pair with my SPOT connect device to send messages.

Ryaan Johnson

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
With the work I do I have to use a hefty case. But soon as I am home it comes right off.. Love the feel of being naked.

Posted via the Android Central App

linuxmel

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Just wondering how you guys are carrying around this huge phone when out and about. Women can carry in purse. I currently have the DROID Maxx and carry it in a belt clip type case. Don't think that would work with this phone? Or do they even have one? Just like the Maxx, too nice of a phone to cover up ☺

captainkirkw

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: Anybody using the phone without a case or bumper?

I was using the supplied bumper but really prefer it without it so I am running naked as I have with my past few phones.

hrbib21

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I use a Supcase which is clear on the back. With 2 kids and a puppy running around, I have to use something. I also have a clear TPU case I use on occasion.

Westiemom

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I am using a very thin tpu clear case and it is perfect. It looks like no case at all, but gives a nice grip.
And I don't think this phone is big. All the phones out now are on the larger side and some much larger, like the iPhone 6s plus and the Nexus 6.
BTW my husband has the N6 and he has it in a Seidio case with a belt clip. He loves it. My Moto XP looks quite small around here.

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
I am using a very thin tpu clear case and it is perfect. It looks like no case at all, but gives a nice grip.
And I don't think this phone is big. All the phones out now are on the larger side and some much larger, like the iPhone 6s plus and the Nexus 6.
BTW my husband has the N6 and he has it in a Seidio case with a belt clip. He loves it. My Moto XP looks quite small around here.

Those clear TPU cases are great for the Moto X but they do start to discolor after a couple of months. Of course, for $7 or $8 a pop it's not too costly to replace them every so often.

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc