Has anybody seen anything strange with Touch Input? I receieved my Moto X Style (UK Model) yesterday. I am pleased with it other than I have had a few instances of the touch input not reacting correctly. As an example if I press a folder on the home screen it opens the folder next to it. If I press the power button twice (to turn off the screen and then turn it back on) it seems to rectify the problem for a bit. I managed to capture a video on my Nexus 5 (apologoes for poor quality) which shows me trying to press the back button (in Flixster as that is what I was doing when I saw the issue and had the Nexus 5 handy).

I have an email into Motorola Support. I am hoping that this isn't a hardware issue, but think it is so will require me to get a replacement.

Thanks,
    Paul
    So Cold likes this.
    09-24-2015 10:10 AM
    When I first started using my MXPE I felt like the touch targets were a bit off. However, it hasn't been bugging me so I must have adjusted.

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-24-2015 10:58 AM
    I have now started to see weird stuff when entering text so think it is a hardware fault. I will see what Motorola Support come back with.
    09-24-2015 01:52 PM
    Awesome we all now know your lock code! :P

Honestly I am not sure if this is a Moto X issue or Lollipop issue. I have seen stuff like this on my Nexus 5 (not exactly the same but sometimes it doesn't respond how I think it should)
    09-24-2015 02:09 PM
    I'm just impressed with the level of detail in the post and an attached video.

I don't do tech support for a living but I spend a lot of time fixing problems and people are terrible at describing them.
    VoltaicShock likes this.
    09-24-2015 03:18 PM
    This is looking more like a hardware fault. Keyboard input occasionally goes weird:

The fact that hitting power button twice solves it suggests that something is amiss. I have given Motorola Support some info but I think I am going to tell them I want a replacement. My wife also got the X Style and sees none of these issues.
    09-25-2015 02:11 AM
    Check in Settings > Developers Options > & turn on Show touches ... then you can see on-screen how it behaves, check at many places on the screen to see if there are problematical regions.
    VoltaicShock likes this.
    09-25-2015 12:05 PM