I read a request in another thread for a comparison between these two cameras. I'm not a pro photographer and didn't tweak these photos in anyway. I left the camera settings on Auto and simply snapped away. The 6+ appears to use contrast more, where the XPE has a more balanced approach. Both phones take very good photos that would please the average phone owner. I am posting just a few photos, with the 6+ photos preceding the XPE's.

The photos were first transferred via USB to my laptop before uploading to the forum. Also of note, the 6+ files were 3264 x 2448 and the XPE photos were 5344 x 3006. What do you think... any significant pros or cons?

Preliminary Camera Comparision - XPE and iPhone 6+-apple-1.jpgPreliminary Camera Comparision - XPE and iPhone 6+-moto-1.jpgPreliminary Camera Comparision - XPE and iPhone 6+-apple-5.jpgPreliminary Camera Comparision - XPE and iPhone 6+-moto-5.jpgPreliminary Camera Comparision - XPE and iPhone 6+-apple-6.jpgPreliminary Camera Comparision - XPE and iPhone 6+-moto-6.jpg
    09-24-2015 11:25 AM
    Pretty good shots. It's really nice to see that Moto stepped up their camera game.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    09-24-2015 11:43 AM
    I read a request in another thread for a comparison between these two cameras. I'm not a pro photographer and didn't tweak these photos in anyway. I left the camera settings on Auto and simply snapped away. The 6+ appears to use contrast more, where the XPE has a more balanced approach. Both phones take very good photos that would please the average phone owner. I am posting just a few photos, with the 6+ photos preceding the XPE's.

The photos were first transferred via USB to my laptop before uploading to the forum. Also of note, the 6+ files were 3264 x 2448 and the XPE photos were 5344 x 3006. What do you think... any significant pros or cons?
    Switch the camera setting on the XPE to 4:3 from the default widescreen format will create pictures with matching dimensions when comparing to iPhone. Also switching to the 4:3 setting uses the entire camera sensor on the XPE. The 4:3 is the more traditional camera picture ratio. But many people prefer the 16:8 widescreen now.

I can see some differences but just how much of that is camera and how much computer monitor is unknown. There are pluses from both cameras. But the only Apple product in the house is a 12+ year old iPod classic. So I am not a totally neutral judge. :-)
    MoPhoMan likes this.
    09-24-2015 12:01 PM
    Switch the camera setting on the XPE to 4:3 from the default widescreen format will create pictures with matching dimensions when comparing to iPhone. Also switching to the 4:3 setting uses the entire camera sensor on the XPE.
    Aaaaah! I didn't know that... good info on these forums. I'm going to be learning a lot over the next several weeks.
    VoltaicShock likes this.
    09-24-2015 12:37 PM
    Switch the camera setting on the XPE to 4:3 from the default widescreen format will create pictures with matching dimensions when comparing to iPhone. Also switching to the 4:3 setting uses the entire camera sensor on the XPE. The 4:3 is the more traditional camera picture ratio. But many people prefer the 16:8 widescreen now.

I can see some differences but just how much of that is camera and how much computer monitor is unknown. There are pluses from both cameras. But the only Apple product in the house is a 12+ year old iPod classic. So I am not a totally neutral judge. :-)
    Though doesn't switching to 4:3 cause it to use a lower megapixel setting?
    09-24-2015 02:07 PM
    Actually higher.
    09-24-2015 02:15 PM
    Actually it's higher on 4:3 (21MP) vs 16:9 (16.1MP)
    BlueBlazer60 and 65fastback like this.
    09-24-2015 02:17 PM
    Actually it's higher on 4:3 (21MP) vs 16:9 (16.1MP)
    The 16:9 ratio is the cropped setting, not the other way around. I guess if you're viewing pics on a TV, 16:9 seems ideal, but I just don't think cropping a picture before you take it makes any sense.
    09-24-2015 10:56 PM