So it seems that both my wife's and my XPE are having call quality issues, which is a surprise because OG X and 2014 X were absolutely unrivaled in their call quality.

Specifically, it seems that if you start a call on speakerphone and attempt to switch to the earpiece for normal calls, the other party can no longer hear you. It cuts in and out and they can only hear us when we switch back to speakerphone.

Has anyone else run into this? I know using a smartphone for actual phone calls is pretty rare these days but we're both having the same issues.
    09-29-2015 06:19 PM
    Not faced this issue yet. I frequently switch between speakerphone and earpiece during calls, the transition is smooth.

Maybe do a reset and see if it's solved.

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-29-2015 06:27 PM
    That's what the Moto chat tech person suggested. I'll try that tomorrow because I have nothing better to do than to spend an hour plus setting my phone back up to how I like it and performing more test calls. It's just odd that both of ours are doing it. Any chance the SIM cards could be the issue?
    09-29-2015 08:55 PM
    Okay so a factory reset (two of them, actually) yielded no improvement. So could it be the old SIM card I've been using for the previous two generations of the X or is it the device itself?

Anyone have any thoughts?
    10-01-2015 12:54 PM
    I also tested that using an ear piece headset for talking works perfectly. So I'm guessing it's bad hardware. The wife's seems to do the same so I'll test hers more thoroughly tonight. She also has a SIM transferred from an OG X. My son's XPE came from Best Buy and has a new SIM and his sounds perfect, so no issues on that one.

Very strange.
    10-01-2015 01:08 PM
    Two factory resets and a new SIM and no luck. If I use the phone in a regular fashion (held to the ear) the other party can't hear me. So I had to arrange an exchange with Moto. They're shipping a new one to me within a week (supposedly) for a $25 fee and I just need to send this one back when the new one arrives. Bummer...but things happen.
    10-04-2015 08:22 PM