Block telemarketer (scam) ph. #'s

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if you can do it directly from the phone (don't own that model) but plenty of 3rd party dialer apps can help you block/restrict numbers. Just look for 'call block' or 'blacklist' in the Store

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I simply make a contact entry called "Spam" and add the numbers to that. Set to automatically go to voice mail.

Badda bing.

powgal

Sep 26, 2015
Visit site
I just downloaded SyncMe app to sync social media contacts / pics. It also has a spammer block feature, though I haven't done anything with it yet.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
You can add your mobile number to the National Do Not Call Registry (which you should). But that won't stop the telemarketing calls, etc. I've use Call Control for a few years, and it's excellent. You can also use the Lookup feature, but it costs a few bucks extra. I make a habit of not answering calls from numbers that I don't recognize and allow the call to go through to voicemail. If they don't leave a VM, I place the number in my block list and delete it from my phone.

ezvv

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I use true caller. Doesn't stop them the first time they call but after they call you can look their number up and see who it is. The other true caller users will note spam calls and such and then you can block the number through the app. Been using it for about 3 months and love it.

Posted via the Android Central App

Antonthegreat

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
Re: how do you block a number?

You can do it with true dialer and many similar apps. Idk how to do if you can do it threw the stock dialer though

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk