Why all the hate on the Moto X Pure Edition?

Ryaan Johnson

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
I'm struggling to understand all this hating? Motrolla gave us the device we all asked for and wanted. Good hardware, at a great price with a very close to aosp experience. Why all the hate. Yes you need to optimize your device for your preferred experience.. But that is the whole point of droid. You get the camera you prefer, the launcher, the messenger, and so on. IPhone tells you how they want to you to use your device and forces you to do so. Samsung thinks everyone is dummies so they big down their devices making a ***** proof experience to the point they choose your launcher, they choose your camera so you just point and shoot. This is great for the basic user but the moment you try to customize their customisations it eats the ram and bogs creates so much lag. Motrolla gave us great hardware to work with and got out of the way so we could program our own experiences. If you are taking bad pix with this phone it is your own fault. If you are getting a poor battery life, it is your fault. Learn what Android is, a open and fully customisable experience. Learn your phone, try different apps. learn your needs and optimize your phone to meet your personal ideal of Android.

Rant off..

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: why all the motto pure hating?

Not everyone is going to share the same view -- that is the joy of opinions. We get to see both sides :).

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site

Yeah, you'll always get more complaints than praise. That's human nature and so typical of online forums. FWIW, I see more of a positive vibe here than in some forums I've followed on other phones.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

I complained, but kept mine :) Some folks though complain and do not even have a device.

If I could pick just three things for Moto to do with an update, it would be:

1. Throttle options for GPU
2. Add the LED as an option for notifications
3. Allow immersive mode to be applied to any app the user wants (LG has the best set-up of anyone in this regard).

Just the first two would stop a lot of complaints :)

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

The hate comes from people wanting to feel good about purchasing another product.

Ichigo91

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site

It's not their fault many got a defective phone... they have all the right to rage and hate, only because the phone is cheaper than other phones doesn't make it OK for the moto to have more faults

afoon2001

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site

I complained, but kept mine :) Some folks though complain and do not even have a device.

Did you keep yours? I thought you sent it back because of the overheating issues and battery usage with VR?

I might be ordering another... for my teen-aged daughter, a die-hard Samsung user. I went back to my 6Plus and I'm letting use the XPE for the next few days. Her S4 is having the power "button stuck problem". We'll see how that goes, we may end up having 2 XPE's in the family.... :D

Ryaan Johnson

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site

It's not their fault many got a defective phone... they have all the right to rage and hate, only because the phone is cheaper than other phones doesn't make it OK for the moto to have more faults

What faults? Just like in the best buy comments on the motto pure people were writing bogus bad reviews before the devices had time to be in hand. Few manufacturing defects on few handsets is possible. So many just seem to want to try and make it appear that that the whole product line is faulty and bjorked..

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

What faults? Just like in the best buy comments on the motto pure people were writing bogus bad reviews before the devices had time to be in hand. Few manufacturing defects on few handsets is possible. So many just seem to want to try and make it appear that that the whole product line is faulty and bjorked..

The people with problems are going to be more vocal than the people who are just doing fine.

On2Vegas

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site

I think that there are two different things being talked about here. If a phone is defective, then it is Moto's fault and should be called out. I mentioned this in another thread, because there seems to some QC issues this year I never noticed before. I've owed several Motorola phones, starting with the OG Droid :D (LOVED THAT PHONE) and currently have a 2014 X.

IMHO, fanboys that haven't actually used it, hate on this device because they refuse to believe a phone costing $200-$400 less then theirs deserves the praise it gets. The X line as always been about the sum of it's parts (not the top-tech) and the software experience.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

Did you keep yours? I thought you sent it back because of the overheating issues and battery usage with VR?

I might be ordering another... for my teen-aged daughter, a die-hard Samsung user. I went back to my 6Plus and I'm letting use the XPE for the next few days. Her S4 is having the power "button stuck problem". We'll see how that goes, we may end up having 2 XPE's in the family.... :D
Unless there are throttle options, I will avoid and use my Note 4 for that.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Sweeting34

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
I don't want to be a hater, but I just had a friend order my Moto X Pure in the states and bring it over to Cambodia where I'm currently an expat. It lasted about 3 hours, I went to bed really happy with my new phone, put it on charge and went to bed. Woke up the next day and the phone is completely unresponsive.... I'm talking about as much use as a brick would be to browse the internet. Absolutely gutted and now hugely disillusioned with Motorola!

It's not like I can even pop into my local store either. Unfortunately there is no Motorolla in Cambodia.

Pissed off rant over.:'(

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I don't want to be a hater, but I just had a friend order my Moto X Pure in the states and bring it over to Cambodia where I'm currently an expat. It lasted about 3 hours, I went to bed really happy with my new phone, put it on charge and went to bed. Woke up the next day and the phone is completely unresponsive.... I'm talking about as much use as a brick would be to browse the internet. Absolutely gutted and now hugely disillusioned with Motorola!

It's not like I can even pop into my local store either. Unfortunately there is no Motorolla in Cambodia.

Well the Pure Edition is only for the United States. The Moto X Style is the phone that you should have gotten. Either way, it seemed as if you may have a lemon. Have you tried pressing the power and volume down buttons at the same time? Have you tried to contact Motorola at all? You still have a warranty. Sorry about your bad experience.

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
Overall review for MXP is actually very good. You don't see a lot of complaints compared to other smartphone.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

VoltaicShock

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site

Getting a defective device doesn't mean you can "rage" and "hate". What does this really solve? To me that means the person has bigger issues. It's defective contact them and get another one or return it and move on. And yes I have heard about how bad the customer service can be.

VoltaicShock

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site

Mine should be here on Monday. I have read the reviews watched the videos and this seems like the phone for me.

I told myself I would stick to Nexus devices but the AMOLED turned me off (I know, they have gotten better over the years so we will see if the 6P has burn in issues).

Really all the Moto X PE needs is a fingerprint sensor (not really needed just would be nice)

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

So it's Motorola's fault you can't get help with your imported Moto X Pure?

... yeah..

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

I think people use the word hate far too much, if someone actually hates a phone because of a defect then they have bigger problems than the phone.

What manufacturer doesn't have defects a.t this point in time? Yes it's unfortunate and I will be upset if I have a defective one forwarded to me here in mexico but those things happen. Even apple, I had two bad iphones in a row has manufacturing problems. I saw people on macrumors returning 3-4 iphones and ipads in a row for screen issues, more so with the 6 and plus. Not so sure about this version. The peeling screen anti reflector in macbooks. Maybe it's the increasing market and manufacturing not catching up as fast.

Either way the complainers are the loudest and as ry said there are a significant amount of complainers that do not even get the phone. Justifying their other purchase is correct and usually the loudest and most obnoxious. Look a.t how a lot of fans of both iphone and android act (iphone users worse and I have an ipad and mac) towards each other and most will not use the other os.

I think hate is a strong word for someone that has problems with the phone, hate is more appropriate for someone that cannot stand the idea of people liking a phone they would not even use.

People want to believe that the choice they made is the "superior" choice for everyone, even when it only applies to them.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
So it's Motorola's fault you can't get help with your imported Moto X Pure?

... yeah..

Actually, all things considered that is a tame rant for the situation. Odd chain of events though for it not to work. Power surge? Seems it would have not worked at all out of box otherwise.

Angel Markov

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Do you know why all the hate ? Here you go - for 3 months of usage,without even dropping the phone , or ever getting it wet ( although it is ip7 certified and even it had happened it shouldn't have been an issue ) , my display has failed twice already . TWICE. IN 3 MONTHS . Yes ,they gave me a phone I wanted, and I like using it , BUT it does not work - AGAIN . TWICE in 3 months . Cheap ,unreliable , bad quality materials. Go on the forum on the lenovo website - hundreds of threads with different issues, with the device. THERE IS WHERE THE HATE COMES FROM.

Rant off...