Call me a conspiracy theorist, but I think if..... I said if.....the leaks are true for the DTurbo2/Maxx2 then Moto decided not to give the MXPE some of the little extras like a bigger battery(in a smaller size phone even if the droid leaks are true), OLED/POLED, wireless charging, etc.. that are potentially going to be showing up on the new droids. I would have paid $50-$100 more for these extras. The deal must be big enough with big red to avoid making the best flagship phone out there on their own. They could do it if they wanted to, but I think it's all strategery on the part of Moto. Let big red move the premium units and Moto direct can win the best premium phone for the lowest price award along with gaining good press and adding market share.... and always keeping us wishing for and wanting more....good move Moto. You had me at hello, but the minute another manufacturer gives me similar moto software experience with pure android, a great camera, biggest battery, and all the little extras whatever they are at the time. I'm gone. NexusP came close to getting me this year...if only they kept Moto software when they sold it(Why didn't they do that???) and put in a bigger battery(I don't mind a little more thickness). I know Marshmallow will extend battery and should help both product lines on getting through a day but that would have made a bigger battery all that much better anyway!! Anywho, that is how I see it. Peace
    10-01-2015 07:59 PM
    if.....the leaks are true for the DTurbo2/Maxx2 then Moto decided not to give the MXPE some of the little extras like a bigger battery(in a smaller size phone even if the droid leaks are true), OLED/POLED, wireless charging, etc.. that are potentially going to be showing up on the new droids. I would have paid $50-$100 more for these extras.
    And I can (did) pay $50 - $100 less and have a phone that has NONE of Verizon 's Bloat that I need to deactivate and only need to load two pieces of their software (My Verizon and Visual Voice Mail for VoLTE). I would have preferred that the Play and the G had the same radios as the Pure, which would have meant real choice.

NexusP came close to getting me this year...if only they kept Moto software when they sold it(Why didn't they do that???)
    Because the new Nexus' aren't Moto Phones. Probably part of the sales arrangement.
    10-01-2015 09:26 PM
    Whatever they do on Verizon, with that ugly logo, bloat and slow updates it's just not worth it on useless Verizon.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    10-01-2015 09:43 PM
    The rumored X Force wouldn't be able to hit the price point Motorola wanted.

No conspiracy.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-01-2015 09:57 PM
    Here's my take...... Verizon does not dictate the world market. When Motorola designed the Moto X Pure it did so knowing it would be their world-flagship. THEY chose what features they would add or not add to the XPE. It's Verizon who decided years back that their exclusives would have bigger batteries to differentiate from the phones available to all carriers. There's no way a carrier in one medium-sized market (compared to India and China, the U.S. market is SMALL) could dictate the design decision on a Moto phone that is destined to world markets.

As you see with the design decision of the Nexus 6P, designers are finally listening to the users that they want more Screen-On-Time. It's the one thing I believe Moto missed the boat on. Had they put a 3500mah in the XPE it would be a world beater. As it stands, it merely holds parity with other early 2015 phones. I prefer the XPE because of the Moto features and the aesthetics.
    travaz likes this.
    10-01-2015 10:20 PM
    I think they did, but not directly. Verizon will be securing a higher cost device to cover the bump-ups in hardware. Moto could have put a bigger battery, AMOLED display, finger print sensor and wireless charging, but the device would have been about $150 more retail. That is not the price point Moto was looking for with the Moto X 2015's sales model.

That all said, I still do not get why Moto went with the fixed battery, based on the tear down video clearly showing a non uni-body design and the material used would cost more than simply offering covers and a removable battery. This would have also helped with heat dissipation.
    kpope429 likes this.
    10-01-2015 11:06 PM
    I think they did, but not directly. Verizon will be securing a higher cost device to cover the bump-ups in hardware. Moto could have put a bigger battery, AMOLED display, finger print sensor and wireless charging, but the device would have been about $150 more retail. That is not the price point Moto was looking for with the Moto X 2015's sales model.

That all said, I still do not get why Moto went with the fixed battery, based on the tear down video clearly showing a non uni-body design and the material used would cost more than simply offering covers and a removable battery. This would have also helped with heat dissipation.
    I was actually responding to the OP and his conjecture that VZW influenced the mediocre specs of the XPE.

I'm saying VZW had zero influence on the XPE design. They placed an order for a phone with super high end features to be their exclusive (Turbo 1 & 2), and Lenovo provides.

As you stated, Rushmore, Moto had a price point in mind, and they designed around that price point. End of story. Blaming VZW for the XPE shortfalls I'm sure makes our international brethren who frequent this forum scratch their heads. (Or they think it's our American arrogance at work)
    10-01-2015 11:26 PM
    No.
    10-02-2015 03:24 AM
    No.
    You are far too verbose in your replies!
    Matthew Osterlund likes this.
    10-02-2015 10:40 AM
    @rushmore and bpe4 ... That's kind of my point. They looked at a price target in stead of making the best damn phone out there. All I want is a manufacturer(and moto could do it) make the best damn phone out there with pure android not skimping on some of the bells and whistles and I'll pay $150 more for it. It would still be cheaper than SS, LG and Apple flagships!
    10-03-2015 12:52 PM
    Here's my take...... Verizon does not dictate the world market. When Motorola designed the Moto X Pure it did so knowing it would be their world-flagship. THEY chose what features they would add or not add to the XPE. It's Verizon who decided years back that their exclusives would have bigger batteries to differentiate from the phones available to all carriers. There's no way a carrier in one medium-sized market (compared to India and China, the U.S. market is SMALL) could dictate the design decision on a Moto phone that is destined to world markets.

As you see with the design decision of the Nexus 6P, designers are finally listening to the users that they want more Screen-On-Time. It's the one thing I believe Moto missed the boat on. Had they put a 3500mah in the XPE it would be a world beater. As it stands, it merely holds parity with other early 2015 phones. I prefer the XPE because of the Moto features and the aesthetics.
    Most of the Moto features you like are being removed (as long as you are talking about Moto assist)
    10-03-2015 04:37 PM
    Most of the Moto features are being baked into marshmallow in some fashion. The interesting thing is to see if Lenovorola has anything new of value next year software wise.
    10-03-2015 04:54 PM