Google now launcher grid size

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Why the hell is the Google now launcher grid has 4 icons on such a high resolution display? Nexus 6 and even the new nexus all have 5 icon rows on the launcher. It looks like a toy phone with so big 4 icons per row.

Using Nova because of this even though I love the Google now launcher. Is this something Motorola has to do? Logically speaking Google now launcher should be clever enough to determine the screen size and resolution and accordingly increase the grid size. Better yet provide the option in launcher settings.

And yes I know root/xposed, not going to bother with those since I like my phone stock and stopped rooting from the last year or so.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

bpe4

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Yes.. this doesn't make much sense. As the Google Now launcher is modularized into a downloadable app, the fault must lie with Google and not Motorola. Perhaps a bug report should be opened saying that the launcher is improperly detecting the XPE's resolution. If anyone should be pushing for this 'fix', it should be Motorola.

MTeator

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
4 was too big on my old 4.7" phone even. It's not like the dock doesn't have 5.

Posted via the Android Central App

AustinTech

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Get Nova and stop playing with that Google Now launcher crap. Nova is superior in a million ways.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Get Nova and stop playing with that Google Now launcher crap. Nova is superior in a million ways.

Did you even read my post? Using Nova launcher and use various other launchers as well. Doesn't mean i should stop using Google now launcher, wish it was sized properly so that we swap between various launchers.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk