10-16-2015 09:43 PM
138 12345 ...
tools
    I don't think they have enough resources to develop and test the amount of updates we all would like to see.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-03-2015 11:49 PM
    Mine is on the bottom right

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    10-03-2015 11:52 PM
    Are we going to loose moto Display? I love this feature.
    10-04-2015 07:22 PM
    Are we going to loose moto Display? I love this feature.
    No. It actually looks like we'll lose Ambient Display as an option.
    10-04-2015 07:27 PM
    oh good! i can't get ambient display to work. So basically from what ive heard. Things are just changing. We'll still have moto display, Our phone will still talk to us while we are driving, we can still talk a text to the phone while we are driving. And do not disturb, we can always just turn our phones off. So loosing moto assist isnt as heart breaking as i thought.
    VoltaicShock likes this.
    10-04-2015 08:27 PM
    oh good! i can't get ambient display to work. So basically from what ive heard. Things are just changing. We'll still have moto display, Our phone will still talk to us while we are driving, we can still talk a text to the phone while we are driving. And do not disturb, we can always just turn our phones off. So loosing moto assist isnt as heart breaking as i thought.
    y
    Ya i think the only thing we losing is play music while drive and moto migrate, but it is as theyve said, it is outdated.

VoltaicShock likes this.
    10-04-2015 09:09 PM
    oh well than, that ok. i have bluetooth in my car. so the music thing isnt huge. ok. so when are we expected to get marshmallow then?
    10-04-2015 09:18 PM
    oh well than, that ok. i have bluetooth in my car. so the music thing isnt huge. ok. so when are we expected to get marshmallow then?
    No one really knows at this point. If I was a betting man id say we'll have it by thanksgiving. But that's just a guess.

Posted via my Mate 7 or my Moto X Pure
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
    10-04-2015 09:27 PM
    This is good to know. I thought they were taking more away.
    10-04-2015 09:54 PM
    y
    Ya i think the only thing we losing is play music while drive and moto migrate, but it is as theyve said, it is outdated.

Big unanswered question is if it'll still detect if you're driving or not. Would not surprise me if Talk To Me needed to be enabled every time.

10-04-2015 09:55 PM
    Nexus marshmallow updates are out.. I hope we are next...

VoltaicShock likes this.
    10-05-2015 01:11 PM
    Nexus marshmallow updates are out.. I hope we are next...

Have the OTA started? I know the factory images were released.
    10-05-2015 01:21 PM
    Have the OTA started? I know the factory images were released.
    Just factory images from what I can tell.
    10-05-2015 01:58 PM
    Just factory images from what I can tell.
    Yeah seems so. Hoping Android M fixes my battery issues on the Nexus 5.
    10-05-2015 02:33 PM
    I was lucky to get 2.5 on that thing. I didn't miss the Nexus 5 until today
    10-05-2015 02:37 PM
    According to droid life the ota will be rolling out today.
    VoltaicShock and jephanie like this.
    10-05-2015 03:22 PM
    According to droid life the ota will be rolling out today.
    So I will get it in a week like I always do
    10-05-2015 03:28 PM
    Delays and abandonment threaten Motorola's comeback tale | Android Central

What is everyone's opinions?

EDIT: I Guess I should've have stated for the future b/c obviously right now, very minimal to nothing.
    10-05-2015 04:47 PM
    Probably nothing for the mxpe. Moto won't have any more carrier specific phones (other than Droids for Verizon) so this likely means nothing for any future moto device either.
    husa3695 and On2Vegas like this.
    10-05-2015 05:04 PM
    Probably nothing for the mxpe. Moto won't have any more carrier specific phones (other than Droids for Verizon) so this likely means nothing for any future moto device either.
    Definitely under the same impression. I just wanted to see if I was reading it wrong or possibly missed something.

I almost didn't make a thread as a result b/c I didn't know if it was "thread worthy" lol.
    10-05-2015 05:07 PM
    I think it only means the carrier model versions from Moto will no longer exist (except for the Droid for Verizon). Hence why the Moto X this year isn't being sold by the carriers and is only being sold by Motorola themselves. This way Moto doesn't have to work and test every update with every carrier for all their bloat -- They simply work on it, test it for their phone, and send it out as an OTA.

Also -- updated the title for you (if you want it changed just PM me).
    10-05-2015 06:24 PM
    Big unanswered question is if it'll still detect if you're driving or not. Would not surprise me if Talk To Me needed to be enabled every time.

Haha ikr.... We will see.

10-05-2015 06:46 PM
    It was very unclear on that point. If they remove the auto detect driving, that would be a huge loss. That would be one reason I would be glad my Verizon Moto X is not getting Marshmallow and it would keep me from purchasing the 2015 Pure.
    10-05-2015 07:25 PM
    Yeah, Moto Display is a great feature. I'd be really disappointed if they took it away.
    10-05-2015 09:23 PM
    I think it only means the carrier model versions from Moto will no longer exist (except for the Droid for Verizon). Hence why the Moto X this year isn't being sold by the carriers and is only being sold by Motorola themselves. This way Moto doesn't have to work and test every update with every carrier for all their bloat -- They simply work on it, test it for their phone, and send it out as an OTA.

Also -- updated the title for you (if you want it changed just PM me).
    It's actually better this way in the long run. It's just unfortunate that they are going through this transitional period with no advanced warning to customers. I hope they are able to bounce back. If they can survive this the bad PR right now, we should get good things in the future.
    AustinTech and VoltaicShock like this.
    10-05-2015 09:25 PM
138 12345 ...