10-16-2015 09:43 PM
138 ... 3456
tools
    Ouch..... might have to go 6P then. My commute makes this a major (if not the biggest) selling point. When I got rid of my OG Moto X, I missed it to a large extent. This is a shame. Thanks for all the info, I'll be keeping a close eye on the update. If they happen to give you any feedback on that forum, please share the info.
    Will do.
    mookiekillsit likes this.
    10-08-2015 02:52 PM
    What he said.. All of these,, especially the sd card, front facing speakers, no lag, and must say the quick charge 2.0.. I am heavy user so by lunch I'm down to 45 percent but I pop it on the quick charger in my van while I eat and I'm back to 98 percent by the end of my half hour lunch ..

Posted via the Android Central App
    Down by the river? 😉

ezvv, rushmore, jephanie and 3 others like this.
    10-08-2015 03:11 PM
    Down by the river? 😉

Ha-ha! Awesome.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    10-08-2015 03:45 PM
    I am going to miss Moto Display quite a bit. I big plus for me is pulling the phoen out of my pocket and having hte notifications/time displayed auto. Will this be in M6.0?
    10-08-2015 05:58 PM
    I am going to miss Moto Display quite a bit. I big plus for me is pulling the phoen out of my pocket and having hte notifications/time displayed auto. Will this be in M6.0?
    Motorola announced that Moto Display will still be there.

Appears that Ambient Display is going away.
    jephanie likes this.
    10-08-2015 06:05 PM
    10-08-2015 06:21 PM
    Hoping the 6.0 rollout goes smoothly!
    jephanie likes this.
    10-08-2015 06:39 PM
    First rule of fight club...
    jephanie, DC Wuff and pizza_pablo like this.
    10-08-2015 09:30 PM
    I have a slightly hard time believing that test builds of M are ready to roll out 3 days after Google pushed out the final code. Yeah, they have had access to beta code, and maybe the final stuff a bit early, but they said they where going to be careful with M compared to the fairly bumpy roll out of L.

This might be the first 'big' patch to correct some early bugs, or, they are just getting their ducks in a row and the soak test for M won't start for another few weeks. The EMail points out that it could take a bit.
    VoltaicShock likes this.
    10-08-2015 09:44 PM
    Considering the speed with which they got 5.0 out, I wouldn't doubt that this would be a 6.0 push. I have never seen Moto do a soak test for small patches/updates.
    VoltaicShock and DC Wuff like this.
    10-08-2015 10:00 PM
    They did a soak test for the stagefright fix a month or so ago on my x 2014. It could be a fix for what they are calling stagefright 2

VoltaicShock likes this.
    10-09-2015 12:18 AM
    The 2014 Pure Edition will get Android 6.0. The 2014 Moto X bought from carrier's Verizon and AT&T will not. Go to Motorola's Moto X page that list's what phone's will and will not get 6.0.

10-09-2015 01:37 AM
    They did a soak test for the stagefright fix a month or so ago on my x 2014. It could be a fix for what they are calling stagefright 2

Would be nice to know they are on top of the security updates. Were they on board for the monthly updates?
    Akuma likes this.
    10-09-2015 07:59 AM
    I'm willing to bet this is Marshmallow. Every time I've been in a soak test it was an update that included new features. More than just a bug fixer.

Posted via my Royal Blue/Champagne Frame Moto X... Unlimited on Verizon as well!
    soma4society likes this.
    10-09-2015 10:04 AM
    I am hoping for some more news soon. I am really excited for Android M .
    VoltaicShock and DC Wuff like this.
    10-09-2015 01:03 PM
    First time I haven't done a soak with any of my Moto X's. Honestly I hope it is a bug fix. They rushed 5.0 out and it was not good. Hope they take their time and get 6.0 right before pushing it.
    Uncle Louie likes this.
    10-09-2015 11:32 PM
    My old phone was so old that I haven't dealt with an OS update for quite awhile. So, while we're waiting for Marshmallow, what are some things I can do to make the upcoming update the best it can be?

I've read that many suggest a factory reset be done after an OS update. Is that true?

If so, before the update lands, should I back up all photos/videos/docs, etc. (that are on my sd card) somewhere else so they can be put back on the sd card after the update?

I've got quite a few photos, etc., on my sd card, & was just thinking about the changes re: sd card memory being "adopted" (or not) via M.

What say you more experienced users? Thanks!
    10-10-2015 12:07 AM
    First time I haven't done a soak with any of my Moto X's. Honestly I hope it is a bug fix. They rushed 5.0 out and it was not good. Hope they take their time and get 6.0 right before pushing it.
    I think 5.0 in general was bad with android

10-10-2015 12:32 AM
    I think 5.0 in general was bad with android

Can't argue with that.

10-10-2015 12:45 AM
    My old phone was so old that I haven't dealt with an OS update for quite awhile. So, while we're waiting for Marshmallow, what are some things I can do to make the upcoming update the best it can be?

I've read that many suggest a factory reset be done after an OS update. Is that true?

If so, before the update lands, should I back up all photos/videos/docs, etc. (that are on my sd card) somewhere else so they can be put back on the sd card after the update?

I've got quite a few photos, etc., on my sd card, & was just thinking about the changes re: sd card memory being "adopted" (or not) via M.

You should always backup no matter what. SD cards can fail.

Should you factory reset after an OS update? Maybe. There have been times updates went smooth and no issues for me. Other times there was strange behavior after an update that was fixed with a factory reset. With Samsung and LG phones, I had to factory reset every time. With my Nexus tablet, I rarely had to. Just backup and be prepared to do so. A factory reset is fun for me. Kinda like getting a new phone that can be configured again.
    RikkiRay likes this.
    10-10-2015 08:36 AM

I have never done an FDR for an update and never had a problem. Of course that was always on Moto phones (5) and went smoothly. Backing up is always a good idea, I use cloud backups and sd card. I put a 64GB card that I had laying around in my pure when it arrived and just transferred everything off of it to a new 128GB card on my computer, installed the 128GB in the pure and good to go. You can back up your sd card to a file on your computer and save it.
    10-10-2015 10:59 AM
    Had you got marshmallow update 6.0 for this device? I check regularly per day and maybe 2 or 3 times a day to see any received it. So guys what about ya? 2015 version, not 2014 or lower thanks

10-12-2015 10:22 PM
    6.0 isn't out for the Moto X yet. The soak test will likely begin within a few weeks then a week or two after that it will likely roll out over the span of a month of so. The only devices that have 6.0 right now are the Nexus devices.
    10-12-2015 10:40 PM
    Down by the river? 😉

Android 6.0 Marshmallow Upgrade for the Moto X Pure Edition/Moto X Style-uploadfromtaptalk1444879764807.jpg
    geekaren and thejesse like this.
    10-14-2015 11:29 PM
    Maybe this question is too early since we don't actually have 6.0 tot test right now on our Pure's, but, do you think Moto display and all the display action features will work against the benefits of Doze? It seems accidentally waving your hand over or touching your phone even when it's just laying down will cause the display to flare up and defeat the benefits of doze.

I want to get the full benefits of doze, but at the same time I don't want to lose all the great features that make me love Moto phones.
    VoltaicShock likes this.
    10-15-2015 09:45 AM
138 ... 3456