Android 6.0 Marshmallow Upgrade for the Moto X Pure Edition/Moto X Style

mhettrich

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Re: Android 6.0 Marshmallow Upgrade

Hopefully it doesn't take too long. It should make a great phone even better.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Curious about Moto Assist.

The release of a new Android version is a great time to take a fresh look at our signature Moto Enhancements to ensure we’re complementing Android (not competing with it). Android 6.0 Marshmallow includes some great new features similar to things we’ve developed in the past. For example, you’ll find an option for ‘Do not disturb’ under the ‘Sound and notification’ settings to make sure you’re not interrupted during meetings or while sleeping. That’s similar to Moto Assist, so we’re removing Moto Assist as part of the upgrade to M.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Curious about Moto Assist.
That's something that needs to work for me. The feature of Moto Assist that I use most is sleeping. I need to be able to silence my device for calls and texts from all but select contacts when I'm sleeping.

Sent from my rooted Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
If Moto special sauce is baked into Marshmallow and they're not even supporting their one year old flagship, maybe I should return the Pure while I still can.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
If Moto special sauce is baked into Marshmallow and they're not even supporting their one year old flagship, maybe I should return the Pure while I still can.

The second gen Pure Edition is getting Marshmallow.

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I know the 2015 will. But what about someone who bought a 2014 carrier model? They get support for less than a year. That doesn't inspire confidence.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool