10-16-2015 09:43 PM
138 ... 456
tools
    Maybe this question is too early since we don't actually have 6.0 tot test right now on our Pure's, but, do you think Moto display and all the display action features will work against the benefits of Doze? It seems accidentally waving your hand over or touching your phone even when it's just laying down will cause the display to flare up and defeat the benefits of doze.

I want to get the full benefits of doze, but at the same time I don't want to lose all the great features that make me love Moto phones.
    See the article on the main page: "For Doze to kick in, your phone needs to be sitting still with the screen off, and not connected to a charger. That means no moving around and nudging the gyro or other motion sensors, no touching the screen or the buttons and no waving your hand around in front of it if you're using a phone like the*new phones from Motorola*that have motion detection on the front bezel. Set it down, and leave it alone."

http://www.androidcentral.com/inside...hat-does-it-do

Posted from my XT1575
    10-15-2015 09:49 AM
    See the article on the main page: "For Doze to kick in, your phone needs to be sitting still with the screen off, and not connected to a charger. That means no moving around and nudging the gyro or other motion sensors, no touching the screen or the buttons and no waving your hand around in front of it if you're using a phone like the*new phones from Motorola*that have motion detection on the front bezel. Set it down, and leave it alone."

Inside Marshmallow: What is Doze, how do I use it and what does it do? | Android Central

Posted from my XT1575
    Yep, that's the article that made me question the great features on the Pure once we see doze implemented. I guess we will have more answers once we have testing, but it seems these features will hurt the doze implementation.
    10-15-2015 10:29 AM
    My point as stated above! With the Pure, unless you turn off all the Moto stuff, it will never kick in...or hardly ever. Besides, we don't know at this point how long the phone has to do nothing before Doze even kicks in...unless someone knows the answer to this? So to me the only time it will even help anything is if you leave the phone turned on all night, NOT plugged in, and waiting for an alarm to go off, or some important email or text, or phone call to arrive.
    VoltaicShock likes this.
    10-15-2015 12:39 PM
    Trust me I have Marshmallow on my Nexus 6 it is a is more about refining things then anything.
    10-15-2015 02:57 PM
    Trust me I have Marshmallow on my Nexus 6 it is a is more about refining things then anything.
    That is what I have noticed. My Nexus 5 seems to run better now and the lag seems to be gone. It's seems it was more about bug fixes than anything else.
    10-15-2015 03:00 PM
    I really do like the idea of upgrading to marshmallow, even though I have not received my phone yet.

I am reminded though of the sgs2's we got from t mobile when that model came out. Everywhere people were complaining about ice cream sandwich not hitting it fast enough. Everywhere, it was a wildly popular phone. People were giving samsung bad ratings on apps in the google app store because of this, nothing to do with the apps. When it came out it was rushed, buggy as hell. Then people were complaining everywhere about that. I hope when/if they push it out it is ready. Since this is pure android it should be less of a problem, but you never know.

I am not saying people here are complaining or directing anything a.t anyone here, just reminded of it.
    I like the idea of upgrading to Marshmallow. I don't like the idea that we may be losing some Moto app functionality.
    10-15-2015 03:03 PM
    Curious about Moto Assist.
    I hope I can keep calling my MotoX GLaDOS!!
    Anthony_NE likes this.
    10-15-2015 05:17 PM
    Yay. Motorola assures us getting Marshmallow very soon.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    10-16-2015 08:31 PM
    It's currently in beta testing via private test drives and if that goes well in a few weeks then a soak test for marshmallow. That's according to David Schuster on Google plus.
    10-16-2015 09:19 PM
    It's currently in beta testing via private test drives and if that goes well in a few weeks then a soak test for marshmallow. That's according to David Schuster on Google plus.
    Yeah. 👍👌 Soak and Test drives are the same

10-16-2015 09:23 PM
    No. He was specific in saying the test drives were for very few people. I doubt that's the same as a soak test from how it was described.
    10-16-2015 09:31 PM
    No. He was specific in saying the test drives were for very few people. I doubt that's the same as a soak test from how it was described.
    Lets see hows our tests worked out moving forward. 😀

10-16-2015 09:32 PM
    Fight club, but fair enough...
    10-16-2015 09:43 PM
138 ... 456