Android 6.0 Marshmallow Upgrade for the Moto X Pure Edition/Moto X Style

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Re: What Effect, If Any, Will This Have on the MXP?

Probably nothing for the mxpe. Moto won't have any more carrier specific phones (other than Droids for Verizon) so this likely means nothing for any future moto device either.

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

Probably nothing for the mxpe. Moto won't have any more carrier specific phones (other than Droids for Verizon) so this likely means nothing for any future moto device either.

Definitely under the same impression. I just wanted to see if I was reading it wrong or possibly missed something.

I almost didn't make a thread as a result b/c I didn't know if it was "thread worthy" lol.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I think it only means the carrier model versions from Moto will no longer exist (except for the Droid for Verizon). Hence why the Moto X this year isn't being sold by the carriers and is only being sold by Motorola themselves. This way Moto doesn't have to work and test every update with every carrier for all their bloat -- They simply work on it, test it for their phone, and send it out as an OTA.

Also -- updated the title for you (if you want it changed just PM me).

globster2000

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Big unanswered question is if it'll still detect if you're driving or not. Would not surprise me if Talk To Me needed to be enabled every time.

Posted via the Android Central App

Haha ikr.... We will see.

Posted via the Android Central App

mkreef

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Big unanswered question is if it'll still detect if you're driving or not. Would not surprise me if Talk To Me needed to be enabled every time.

It was very unclear on that point. If they remove the auto detect driving, that would be a huge loss. That would be one reason I would be glad my Verizon Moto X is not getting Marshmallow and it would keep me from purchasing the 2015 Pure.

iAmEFFeX

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
oh good! i can't get ambient display to work. So basically from what ive heard. Things are just changing. We'll still have moto display, Our phone will still talk to us while we are driving, we can still talk a text to the phone while we are driving. And do not disturb, we can always just turn our phones off. So loosing moto assist isnt as heart breaking as i thought.

Yeah, Moto Display is a great feature. I'd be really disappointed if they took it away.

iAmEFFeX

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site

I think it only means the carrier model versions from Moto will no longer exist (except for the Droid for Verizon). Hence why the Moto X this year isn't being sold by the carriers and is only being sold by Motorola themselves. This way Moto doesn't have to work and test every update with every carrier for all their bloat -- They simply work on it, test it for their phone, and send it out as an OTA.

Also -- updated the title for you (if you want it changed just PM me).

It's actually better this way in the long run. It's just unfortunate that they are going through this transitional period with no advanced warning to customers. I hope they are able to bounce back. If they can survive this the bad PR right now, we should get good things in the future.

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
It was very unclear on that point. If they remove the auto detect driving, that would be a huge loss. That would be one reason I would be glad my Verizon Moto X is not getting Marshmallow and it would keep me from purchasing the 2015 Pure.

I was initially disappointed at this possibility too, but I've been rethinking it in the last few days. Even if they nix the drive mode auto detect (but NOT the drive mode itself) I could deal. All joking about first world problems aside, as long as there's a quick toggle on/off for it things might not be so bad. There have been some times when I'm driving where I DON'T want drive mode on, for example, so I'd be toggling anyway.... Having a quick toggle would be easy enough to tick on or off at the start of a trip. Or in the middle of it. Maybe it could even respond to "start/stop drive mode"....

It *is* a Moto X after all...speak, and you shall be heard.

Posted via my Mate 7 or my Moto X Pure

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty