So a few days ago my Moto X Pure rebooted on it's own in the middle of the night, which woke me up a 3AM thanks to the bright white Moto X splash screen, and I though it was a random one of thing but the yesterday it did it again in the middle of the night and now it has done it 3 times so far today. I'm backing everything up now so I can do a master reset in a bit but anyone else run into this? I removed the 2 apps I have installed since then, there are no memory leaks as far as I can see, and the phone otherwise works just like it did when I got it.

I'd prefer not to have to do an advanced exchange with Moto but I will if need be, especially since there likely isn't very many 'Like New' Moto X's yet in my exact configuration and I'll probably end up with another new one.
    10-03-2015 12:06 PM
    https://www.reddit.com/r/MotoX/comme...andom_reboots/

This is not funny, seems like the moto x pure have MANY problems
    10-03-2015 12:34 PM
    I haven't had that happen with mine...I'm guessing that a factory reset should take care of it. My XPE has been rock solid.
    10-03-2015 02:49 PM
    No reboots so far after the factory reset but I'll give it some time. I don't see it being hardware related since I was in the first wave of people to get the X and it is just now happening. At most a bad flash or whatever from the factory and something get's messed up at some point. If it was just a random reboot once in awhile I wound't mind that much but it once it starts it seems to accelerate.

If it does it again I suppose I'll just swap it out. It's why warranties exist after all.
    10-03-2015 03:42 PM
    Phone started rebooting in the middle of the night again after a factory reset so back off to Motorola it goes.The interesting thing is when it does this and I check the battery stats it shows a gap of 3 to 4 hours, almost like the phone forgot what happened the past 3 or 4 hours. Even the apps running in the background from 4 hours ago will reopen and double up, like there will be 2 app listings for settings, messenger, etc, even if they had been closed out before.
    10-04-2015 07:34 AM
    I had one reboot after having this phone for an hour or two but nothing in the 16 days since. I was updating and loading tons of apps at the time of my reboot.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-04-2015 09:57 AM
    Sounds like a faulty battery. I had similar problem with my N5. Would power down then reboot. And come back on at say 5% power but gradually increase the % without being plugged in generally up to within about 4%-5% of previous level.

Mine got replaced under warranty.

Send it back

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-04-2015 04:32 PM