I have noticed that when I get a notification while the screen is locked, the notification pulsates or "breaths"' (as Motorola calls it) for only about 3 minutes and then stops. I thought it was supposed to continue to breath and show me the notification until I dismissed it. Is this normal or is there maybe a setting I have screwed up?
    10-03-2015 12:35 PM
    I have noticed that when I get a notification while the screen is locked, the notification pulsates or "breaths"' (as Motorola calls it) for only about 3 minutes and then stops. I thought it was supposed to continue to breath and show me the notification until I dismissed it. Is this normal or is there maybe a setting I have screwed up?
    Not sure what you mean. Are you saying when you go to interact with Moto Display (sensors pick up hand presence), it no longer shows that a notification is present?
    10-03-2015 03:22 PM
    No it does that, but isn't it supposed to pulsate dimly on the screen that I have a notification, much like an LED light would do, until I physically dismiss the notification?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    10-03-2015 03:24 PM
    Ok, I didn't even notice that it pulsated lol! I just received a text and my screen flashed for about a minute before stopping. My screen sleep time is set to a minute so I wonder if it coincides with that.
    10-03-2015 04:45 PM
    I don't think it's supposed to. It pulsates when the screen is off. For instance, if it is sitting on a table.

10-03-2015 04:47 PM
    I don't think it's supposed to. It pulsates when the screen is off. For instance, if it is sitting on a table.

Yeah, that's what I mean. I got a text and thought about your post so I watched how long it pulsed before it stopped. Mine was about a minute which coincides with my sleep setting.
    10-03-2015 04:55 PM
    It is my understanding this is how active display now works with the LCD screen. The notifications will stop after a certain period of time. With the AMOLED screen they would breathe until dismissed.
    10-03-2015 05:07 PM
    Ok, so I turned off Battery Saver Mode in Display > Attentive Display and mine lasted 3 minutes like yours. Looks like you are correct in that the older generations of the Moto X were supposed to last until the notification was dismissed. Maybe they changed this for the move to the LCD panel?
    10-03-2015 05:15 PM
    Thanks guys. Really kind of defeats the purpose of having a notification system if it stops after a couple of minutes. If they are worried about battery life (and they should be), then make the damn LED light functionable. That being said, at least you can wave your hand over the phone to check for notifications without needing wake the whole screen. I've got a 6P on order, and will have to decide between that phone and the pure.
    10-03-2015 06:25 PM
    Thanks guys. Really kind of defeats the purpose of having a notification system if it stops after a couple of minutes. If they are worried about battery life (and they should be), then make the damn LED light functionable. That being said, at least you can wave your hand over the phone to check for notifications without needing wake the whole screen. I've got a 6P on order, and will have to decide between that phone and the pure.
    https://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10...93f3c652d5.jpg
    But the Pure does turn the whole display on. That's the catch. Moto stated the tech was created to leverage OLED tech's pixel On function. It is okay the features are still used with LCD on the Pure, but at least provide an LED option.
    MoPhoMan likes this.
    10-03-2015 09:42 PM
    Well, you're right, but it doesn't light up all the pixels. They should have stuck with the amoled screen or gone with LED notification.

10-03-2015 09:45 PM
    I have a 2013 Moto X and it would do exactly what you described...continue to "breathe" and display the notification until it was dismissed. However, after the Lollipop update, it would only pulsate for a few minutes then stop. The notification would display if I moved or picked up the phone, but it wouldn't breathe until it was dismissed the way it used to. It really annoyed me because it was a feature I really liked about the Moto. If they were concerned about battery life, they should have given the user the option of setting the breathing time.
    10-15-2015 08:20 PM