07-01-2016 05:42 PM
35 12
tools
    Is it just me. My new MOTOXP hardly shows any fingerprints. It is amazingly clean compared to my old HTC ONE M7. That old phone was terrible!

I don't remember reading anything from MOTO that said the screen was resistant to fingerprints.

Did I miss something?
    10-08-2015 10:14 AM
    Is it just me. My new MOTOXP hardly shows any fingerprints. It is amazingly clean compared to my old HTC ONE M7. That old phone was terrible!

I don't remember reading anything from MOTO that said the screen was resistant to fingerprints.

Did I miss something?
    Cool aint it?
    10-08-2015 10:34 AM
    Just noticed it....

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-11-2015 10:03 AM
    It is pretty awesome. I used to wipe my phone off like mad.. Now I don't. . It's nice.
    10-11-2015 11:02 AM
    I've noticed that. Still haven't put a screen protector on it. Looks great.
    10-11-2015 02:39 PM
    I've noticed that. Still haven't put a screen protector on it. Looks great.
    I have started going with the tempered glass screen protectors. I used to not bother with a screen protector but my phone fell off the console and hit the shifter and put a scratch in the screen. After that I decided my next phone would have something on it. The nice part is the tempered glass might get scratched or crack but your screen will stay like new for when you go and sell the phone later.
    10-11-2015 04:04 PM
    I have started going with the tempered glass screen protectors. I used to not bother with a screen protector but my phone fell off the console and hit the shifter and put a scratch in the screen. After that I decided my next phone would have something on it. The nice part is the tempered glass might get scratched or crack but your screen will stay like new for when you go and sell the phone later.
    I just can't do cases or screen protectors. I'll take a slight decrease in resale value if it means getting to enjoy using my phone a little more while I have it.

My two oldest sisters, on the other hand, can't keep a screen in one piece to save their lives.
    Slow_S10 likes this.
    10-11-2015 04:56 PM
    Always hated tempered glass screen protectors because they never fit the whole screen (which is super annoying to me) and as a result you get that weird rainbow effect on the edges

Sent from my XT1575
    10-11-2015 05:54 PM
    I always try to use a tempered glass screen protector for extra scratch protection and resale value. It would be nice if they covered the whole screen but with beveled edges becoming more common that's not going to happen. Never saw any rainbow effect. Now back when they all cost $$$$$ it was more debatable as to whether to use one or not, but now you can find them for like $6.00 or $7.00 it's a no brainer to give one a try.
    10-12-2015 01:00 PM
    I always try to use a tempered glass screen protector for extra scratch protection and resale value. It would be nice if they covered the whole screen but with beveled edges becoming more common that's not going to happen. Never saw any rainbow effect. Now back when they all cost $$$$$ it was more debatable as to whether to use one or not, but now you can find them for like $6.00 or $7.00 it's a no brainer to give one a try.
    Yeah I have never seen this "rainbow" effect either.

I got mine for my Nexus 5 off XTremeGuard for 90% off. I think I paid 1.50 for it.
    10-12-2015 01:01 PM
    I never noticed the finger prints on the naked screen but after putting a tempered glass screen protector on it is awful. It just collects prints like a magnet. Gong to remove it.
    10-12-2015 02:18 PM
    Must be that the original screen has a better oleo-phobic coating than the screen protector? Anyway, I am not trying to protect the screen from easily removable fingerprints but from impossible to remove scratches.

On a side note...my S6 Edge which I sold for the Pure had a small scratch that you could feel on it and it had Gorilla Glass 4.

All my other phones had Gorilla Glass 3 like the Pure and NONE of them ever had a scratch!

Although one of them had a broken screen from a drop on hard dirt!
    Dirt in the Texas heat can get very hard! But no scratches!
    10-13-2015 10:57 AM
    Must be that the original screen has a better oleo-phobic coating than the screen protector? Anyway, I am not trying to protect the screen from easily removable fingerprints but from impossible to remove scratches.

On a side note...my S6 Edge which I sold for the Pure had a small scratch that you could feel on it and it had Gorilla Glass 4.

All my other phones had Gorilla Glass 3 like the Pure and NONE of them ever had a scratch!

Although one of them had a broken screen from a drop on hard dirt!
    Dirt in the Texas heat can get very hard! But no scratches!
    What I don't get is I see all these reviews take keys, knifes, insert object here and not scratches. I put it in my pocket and pull the phone out and there is a scratch.
    10-13-2015 11:00 AM
    What I don't get is I see all these reviews take keys, knifes, insert object here and not scratches. I put it in my pocket and pull the phone out and there is a scratch.
    The one thing they never do a scratch test with is "glass" better known as silica, or even better known as sand! The smallest piece of sand, which you can pick up anywhere there is dirt, which is everywhere, will cut Gorilla Glass like butter! So if there is even one small grain of sand lurking in your pocket, well then, you know the rest.....
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-13-2015 11:06 AM
    The one thing they never do a scratch test with is "glass" better known as silica, or even better known as sand! The smallest piece of sand, which you can pick up anywhere there is dirt, which is everywhere, will cut Gorilla Glass like butter! So if there is even one small grain of sand lurking in your pocket, well then, you know the rest.....
    Oh I knew why. I should have emphasized the sarcasm :P
    10-13-2015 12:13 PM
    I think this is the best phone I've had for not picking up prints and I have gone through lots over the years.
    10-14-2015 03:00 AM
    Thought I read something about a water repellant coating on the phone.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    10-14-2015 11:49 AM
    Thought I read something about a water repellant coating on the phone.

Yes it has one.
    10-15-2015 09:25 AM
    Maybe that's why you don't see fingerprints

10-15-2015 09:26 AM
    I never noticed the finger prints on the naked screen but after putting a tempered glass screen protector on it is awful. It just collects prints like a magnet. Gong to remove it.
    I purchased about 4 or 5 screen protectors from Amazon. But I also noticed that they were like fingerprint magnets.

I would like to remove the one currently on the screen. I don't know if it's as bad as the last one, as far as fingerprints go, but having had to set it a few times left it with an unglued corner.

So I'm very tempted to pull this thing off and use it without any screen protector. I am just afraid that it will get scratched, or worse, cracked.

The last glass screen protector I used cost $40 and was made by Zagg. Being able to compare this batch I got from Amazon to the Zagg screen protector, I now see that the Zagg screen protector was phenomenal at preventing and eating up fingerprints!

Unfortunately Zagg does not make a glass screen protector for the Moto X Pure model. Ironically, they do make one for the Motorola Droid model.

I don't get it, they do not make a screen protector for the Motorola flagship phone.

What type of glass is used for the Motorola X Pure screen?
    05-11-2016 09:27 PM
    what is Tapatalk?
    05-11-2016 09:27 PM
    Has the oleophobic coating worn away on anyone else's phone? My screen was amazingly resistant to prints but now, less than 3 months later, it's worn off, shows prints and dirt like crazy.
    05-12-2016 08:22 PM
    BTW, what the hell is Tapatalk?
    It's an app for reading/posting on blog forums. It's pretty nice. Works on many sites other than AC.
    05-13-2016 12:32 AM
    Has the oleophobic coating worn away on anyone else's phone? My screen was amazingly resistant to prints but now, less than 3 months later, it's worn off, shows prints and dirt like crazy.
    Mine has worn off as well... makes me wonder about the cleaning cloths I was using to wipe it clean.
    05-13-2016 08:50 AM
    I've had my MXPE since December and while it seems to get smudged easier a simple swipe on the fabric of my shirt or pants (once or twice a day) leaves it spotless.
    05-13-2016 11:36 AM
35 12