12-10-2015 08:50 AM
49 12
tools
    Does this feature work on Sprint?
    10-17-2015 12:03 PM
    Does this feature work on Sprint?
    My understanding is that Sprint has not enabled volte on their network for any phones.
    10-17-2015 12:53 PM
    Interesting. My experience has been very positive. Works great everywhere I go here in central NJ. You can certainly tell when it is on VoLTE because it has an HD right next to the calling number or name on the screen while connected to the other party. Have had zero problems. I have a gut feeling it is the coverage area that is playing a role here.
    10-18-2015 10:31 AM
    Advanced calling/Google Voice dilemma!!!

So, unless it's a huge coincidence, once I activated the advanced calling feature through Verizon, that also happens to be the last day either my wife or I were able to receive google voice voicemails. Now, when we receive calls it skips voice and goes right into a message about not having our mailbox set up. I disabled the feature from both of our phones just now on the Verizon site. I'll report back if that fixes it.

Anyone else with Advanced and Voice having any issues??
    Advanced Calling requires different voicemail plan.... For reasons I don't understand Verizon has two basic and two premium voicemail options. Half work with advanced calling and the other half don't. VZW descriptions are as clear as mud. Login to your account and switch them around. If you pick an option that doesn't work with advanced calling it will disable it. You may need to reboot your phone for change to stick.

Posted via the Android Central App by XT1575
    alphabets likes this.
    10-18-2015 10:24 PM
    Advanced Calling requires different voicemail plan.... For reasons I don't understand Verizon has two basic and two premium voicemail options. Half work with advanced calling and the other half don't. VZW descriptions are as clear as mud. Login to your account and switch them around. If you pick an option that doesn't work with advanced calling it will disable it. You may need to reboot your phone for change to stick.

I ended up just turning advanced calling off and going through a whole deactivation/reactivation process to get Google Voice to work again on both me and my wife's phones. I'd rather Voice than Advanced Calling.

Posted via the Android Central App
    dmark44 likes this.
    10-19-2015 05:52 AM

Do you have link or some more info on this ? I had to turn advanced calling off so i could get visual voice working
    10-19-2015 07:44 PM
    Enabled advanced calling and, like others, had to set up my voicemail again. Defaulted to basic voicemail but got a 30 day trial of their premium service which gives you a voice text version of message. Installed the Verizon Visual Voice Mail app and it works great, no need to dial *86, input PIN, etc. Can also download messages locally.

The clarity with Advanced Calling is really something, it's almost like the other person is right beside you talking.

dmark44 likes this.
    10-19-2015 10:27 PM
    Advanced calling/Google Voice dilemma!!!

So, unless it's a huge coincidence, once I activated the advanced calling feature through Verizon, that also happens to be the last day either my wife or I were able to receive google voice voicemails. Now, when we receive calls it skips voice and goes right into a message about not having our mailbox set up. I disabled the feature from both of our phones just now on the Verizon site. I'll report back if that fixes it.

Anyone else with Advanced and Voice having any issues??
    When you first activate advanced calling on the Verizon website, it resets call forwarding, thus disabling the call forwarding necessary to use Google voice for voicemail.

However, after activating advanced calling, you can set the call forwarding up again so that Google voice works for voicemail.

Here in salt lake, advanced calling works very well. There is one freeway underpass where I can't initiate calls do l very well (when I'm at the stop light and wanting to call my wife to tell her I left work but otherwise it works very well.

When I am in the local canyons skiing, where there is more spotty coverage, I will often turn the feature off on my phone for the day.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    alphabets, jephanie and dmark44 like this.
    10-20-2015 03:39 PM
    when i call screens shut down pleas can someone help me htc one m8 verizon unlock 4.4.2
    Uh...you do know this is a Moto X Pure Edition forum, right?

10-20-2015 05:51 PM
    Finally got my replacement XPE and, alas, it's definitely a Verizon Advanced Calling thing. So much for enjoying simultaneous call and data capability when off WiFi. <sigh>
    10-23-2015 01:16 AM
    Finally got my replacement XPE and, alas, it's definitely a Verizon Advanced Calling thing. So much for enjoying simultaneous call and data capability when off WiFi. <sigh>
    That sucks -- Sounds more like a Verizon issue if it keeps happening. The final test would be another phone to see.
    10-23-2015 01:47 AM
    I've had the same problems you've experienced with advanced calling. The LTE signal in my office is really bad and I'm sure that's the reason for my problems, but every time I answered a call it would either drop or the other person would say they couldn't hear me and I'd have to hang up and call them back from my land line. Yesterday I turned the feature off and calls are once again coming in loud and clear. It would be nice to have, but I can count on one hand the number of times I've needed simultaneous voice and data so it's not a big deal to me, but I realize it might be to others. For me, having clear and consistent calls is more important.
    10-23-2015 01:49 AM
    That sucks -- Sounds more like a Verizon issue if it keeps happening. The final test would be another phone to see.
    That's the thing. Moto sent me a replacement and the issue continues. So it's Verizon.

Side note: Now I feel guilty for putting Moto through the wringer over it.
    dmark44 likes this.
    10-23-2015 09:30 AM
    Where do i turn this on/off on my phone ? I found it once but know i cant find it again
    10-23-2015 12:08 PM
    That's the thing. Moto sent me a replacement and the issue continues. So it's Verizon.

Side note: Now I feel guilty for putting Moto through the wringer over it.
    At least you found the issue. I hope Verizon can fix it though. Do you have any other phones that you can test the Advanced Calling on ? Just to see if it is the signal or the way the phone handles it?
    10-23-2015 01:40 PM
    Do you have any other phones that you can test the Advanced Calling on ?
    Only two other XPEs.
    10-23-2015 06:25 PM
    Where do i turn this on/off on my phone ? I found it once but know i cant find it again
    Settings>...More>Cellular Networks>Enhanced 4G LTE Mode

Just be sure to activate it on your actual Verizon account profile, too.
    diesel97 likes this.
    10-23-2015 06:26 PM
    Settings>...More>Cellular Networks>Enhanced 4G LTE Mode

Just be sure to activate it on your actual Verizon account profile, too.
    Does that option pop up when you activate it on your Verizon account? At the present I only see three options in Cellular Networks>Preferred Network Type none of which is the Enhanced 4G choice. As I said in an earlier post, sitting here at hone the LTE indicator is not on, so I dangerously assume the service is not available in the house. Out in yard where it is raining and cold, I am sure the indicator will be displayed.
    10-24-2015 08:46 PM
    Does that option pop up when you activate it on your Verizon account? At the present I only see three options in Cellular Networks>Preferred Network Type none of which is the Enhanced 4G choice. As I said in an earlier post, sitting here at hone the LTE indicator is not on, so I dangerously assume the service is not available in the house. Out in yard where it is raining and cold, I am sure the indicator will be displayed.
    Yes, once you activate online first it will show up on the phone shortly after.

Posted via the Android Central App on my Moto X Pure
    BlueBlazer60 likes this.
    10-24-2015 09:55 PM
    Yeah, it has to be the phone......VoLTE works fine for me.
    Hi I am wondering how you were able to enable the advanced calling settings on the new Moto X. I have the 2015 moto X pure and I do not have the option to use wireless data while I am making phone calls. I am trying to figure out if this is something that will be fixed with the new marshmallow update or if I am just out of luck for now as Verizon and Motorola aren't giving me good answers as to why I can't use 4G when I'm talking on the phone.
    12-09-2015 05:10 PM
    How are you able to select Advanced calling on your moto X predition? It is not an option in my settings
    12-09-2015 05:15 PM
    Hi I am wondering how you were able to enable the advanced calling settings on the new Moto X. I have the 2015 moto X pure and I do not have the option to use wireless data while I am making phone calls. I am trying to figure out if this is something that will be fixed with the new marshmallow update or if I am just out of luck for now as Verizon and Motorola aren't giving me good answers as to why I can't use 4G when I'm talking on the phone.
    Exists in Lollipop and Marshmallow. There is no fix in Marshmallow for this.

Settings > More (under Wireless & Networks) > Cellular networks > Enhanced 4G LTE Mode > ENABLED

AND

Enable Advanced Calling 1.0 for that line your My Verizon page.
    12-09-2015 05:31 PM
    Exists in Lollipop and Marshmallow. There is no fix in Marshmallow for this.

Settings > More (under Wireless & Networks) > Cellular networks > Enhanced 4G LTE Mode > ENABLED

AND

Enable Advanced Calling 1.0 for that line your My Verizon page.
    Except, do it in the opposite order! Enable Advanced Calling on your My Verizon page first. On Lollipop, that setting wasn't visible on my MXPE until I enabled it on my Verizon line first.
    12-09-2015 09:35 PM
    Except, do it in the opposite order! Enable Advanced Calling on your My Verizon page first. On Lollipop, that setting wasn't visible on my MXPE until I enabled it on my Verizon line first.
    Correct....although I already had it enabled on my account because I used it on my Nexus 6.
    dmark44 likes this.
    12-10-2015 08:50 AM
49 12