Advanced Calling 1.0 Issues on Verizon with my Moto X Pure Edition

azdmelani

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I added the advanced calling feature on my phone today. Now I can only hear the other person if on speakerphone, and it drops calls constantly.

Anyone else having this issue? (I'm in NYC). Think I might remove it from my phone

lk2race

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: Advanced calling issues- verizon

I added the advanced calling feature on my phone today. Now I can only hear the other person if on speakerphone, and it drops calls constantly.

Anyone else having this issue? (I'm in NYC). Think I might remove it from my phone
If it is not a full bars call drops happen more often. If you have week signal switch it off.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site

I've been having similar issues. Totally unable to use the earpiece/microphone as a normal phone because the other party can't hear me. Speakerphone and headset jack work fine.

Am waiting on a replacement to arrive.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

azdmelani

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

After 4 hours, a lot of tech troubleshooting and chatting with various reps, I finally was able to get a code for a free Moto maker replacement. Showing as delivery 10/30.

Bottom line: I think this was a phone defect, not an advanced calling defect.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

After 4 hours, a lot of tech troubleshooting and chatting with various reps, I finally was able to get a code for a free Moto maker replacement. Showing as delivery 10/30.

Having the same issue. The rep had me clear the cache and do a factory reset - not sure why but it didn't correct it. Have to call back tomorrow and do an exchange.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Enhanced 4G LTE Model enabled?

Posted via the Android Central App

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site

I've only use a it a few times since adding the feature to my line last week, but so far no issues. What a difference is sound quality. It sounds like the person is standing right next to you!!

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site

Exact same thing for me. Am waiting on my code (still).

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site

After trying to arrange a return/exchange for TWO WEEKS, I finally got a PIN code for Motomaker.

And.......

......it's invalid.

Motorola customer service sucks.

azdmelani

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Oh man!!! Did you call the number on the pin email? If you didn't get one let me know and I can PM you the number I have!

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

After trying to arrange a return/exchange for TWO WEEKS, I finally got a PIN code for Motomaker.

And.......

......it's invalid.

Motorola customer service sucks.

Hi - is this related to Advanced Calling on Verizon?

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site

Hi - is this related to Advanced Calling on Verizon?

It appears so. I had to deactivate it altogether (on my VZW plan and on the device) and it seems that reception is improved.

EDIT: And the code finally worked for me to order the replacement this morning.

azdmelani

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

It appears so. I had to deactivate it altogether (on my VZW plan and on the device) and it seems that reception is improved.

EDIT: And the code finally worked for me to order the replacement this morning.

Great. What's the estimated date?

I'm still afraid to turn on the advanced calling.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site

Great. What's the estimated date?

I'm still afraid to turn on the advanced calling.

I should have it by spring, 2016, though the Moto rep who contacted me claims they'll work to expedite it. And, yes, definitely skip on the advanced calling. Although it's the only way to have voice and data simultaneously, it apparently sucks.

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site

Advanced calling/Google Voice dilemma!!!

So, unless it's a huge coincidence, once I activated the advanced calling feature through Verizon, that also happens to be the last day either my wife or I were able to receive google voice voicemails. Now, when we receive calls it skips voice and goes right into a message about not having our mailbox set up. I disabled the feature from both of our phones just now on the Verizon site. I'll report back if that fixes it.

Anyone else with Advanced and Voice having any issues??

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site

So Advanced Calling 1.0 sucks. It is apparently the driver of the issues I was having with my XPE. Sadly, it's the only way to get simultaneous voice and data. So either risk crappy voice so you can have simultaneous data, or get great voice and no data.

<sigh>