12-10-2015 07:50 AM
49 12
tools
    I added the advanced calling feature on my phone today. Now I can only hear the other person if on speakerphone, and it drops calls constantly.

Anyone else having this issue? (I'm in NYC). Think I might remove it from my phone
    10-09-2015 05:03 PM
    I added the advanced calling feature on my phone today. Now I can only hear the other person if on speakerphone, and it drops calls constantly.

Anyone else having this issue? (I'm in NYC). Think I might remove it from my phone
    If it is not a full bars call drops happen more often. If you have week signal switch it off.
    Hendry775 likes this.
    10-09-2015 05:28 PM
    I've been having similar issues. Totally unable to use the earpiece/microphone as a normal phone because the other party can't hear me. Speakerphone and headset jack work fine.

Am waiting on a replacement to arrive.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    10-09-2015 05:42 PM
    Chatting with a rep now, I think something happened to my earpiece?
    10-09-2015 05:46 PM
    After 4 hours, a lot of tech troubleshooting and chatting with various reps, I finally was able to get a code for a free Moto maker replacement. Showing as delivery 10/30.

Bottom line: I think this was a phone defect, not an advanced calling defect.
    10-09-2015 09:51 PM
    After 4 hours, a lot of tech troubleshooting and chatting with various reps, I finally was able to get a code for a free Moto maker replacement. Showing as delivery 10/30.

Having the same issue. The rep had me clear the cache and do a factory reset - not sure why but it didn't correct it. Have to call back tomorrow and do an exchange.
    10-09-2015 10:09 PM
    Didn't correct mine either. Good luck!
    10-09-2015 10:27 PM
    Yeah, it has to be the phone......VoLTE works fine for me.
    10-10-2015 03:29 PM
    Enhanced 4G LTE Model enabled?

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-10-2015 11:58 PM
    when i call screens shut down pleas can someone help me htc one m8 verizon unlock 4.4.2
    10-11-2015 02:35 AM
    I've only use a it a few times since adding the feature to my line last week, but so far no issues. What a difference is sound quality. It sounds like the person is standing right next to you!!
    dmark44 likes this.
    10-12-2015 09:45 AM

Exact same thing for me. Am waiting on my code (still).

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    10-13-2015 02:14 PM
    After trying to arrange a return/exchange for TWO WEEKS, I finally got a PIN code for Motomaker.

And.......

......it's invalid.

Motorola customer service sucks.
    10-13-2015 04:23 PM
    Oh man!!! Did you call the number on the pin email? If you didn't get one let me know and I can PM you the number I have!
    10-14-2015 11:09 AM
    After trying to arrange a return/exchange for TWO WEEKS, I finally got a PIN code for Motomaker.

And.......

......it's invalid.

Motorola customer service sucks.
    Hi - is this related to Advanced Calling on Verizon?
    10-14-2015 11:52 AM
    Hi - is this related to Advanced Calling on Verizon?
    It appears so. I had to deactivate it altogether (on my VZW plan and on the device) and it seems that reception is improved.

EDIT: And the code finally worked for me to order the replacement this morning.
    10-14-2015 01:30 PM
    It appears so. I had to deactivate it altogether (on my VZW plan and on the device) and it seems that reception is improved.

EDIT: And the code finally worked for me to order the replacement this morning.
    Great. What's the estimated date?

I'm still afraid to turn on the advanced calling.
    10-15-2015 03:06 PM
    Great. What's the estimated date?

I'm still afraid to turn on the advanced calling.
    I should have it by spring, 2016, though the Moto rep who contacted me claims they'll work to expedite it. And, yes, definitely skip on the advanced calling. Although it's the only way to have voice and data simultaneously, it apparently sucks.
    azdmelani likes this.
    10-15-2015 06:23 PM
    Advanced calling/Google Voice dilemma!!!

So, unless it's a huge coincidence, once I activated the advanced calling feature through Verizon, that also happens to be the last day either my wife or I were able to receive google voice voicemails. Now, when we receive calls it skips voice and goes right into a message about not having our mailbox set up. I disabled the feature from both of our phones just now on the Verizon site. I'll report back if that fixes it.

Anyone else with Advanced and Voice having any issues??
    dmark44 likes this.
    10-15-2015 07:15 PM
    So Advanced Calling 1.0 sucks. It is apparently the driver of the issues I was having with my XPE. Sadly, it's the only way to get simultaneous voice and data. So either risk crappy voice so you can have simultaneous data, or get great voice and no data.

<sigh>
    dmark44 likes this.
    10-15-2015 11:41 PM
    So Advanced Calling 1.0 sucks. It is apparently the driver of the issues I was having with my XPE. Sadly, it's the only way to get simultaneous voice and data. So either risk crappy voice so you can have simultaneous data, or get great voice and no data.

<sigh>
    I use it every day for work and don't have quality issues?
    10-16-2015 06:19 PM
    I use it every day for work and don't have quality issues?
    Dropped calls. Lousy reception (other party keeps losing ability to hear me).

Defeats the point of calling it a "phone."

I doubt the replacement will do any better and I won't be able to call Verizon about it until Sunday at this point to see if they can do anything on their end.
    10-16-2015 07:09 PM
    No signal issues here. Great sound quality. Sorry your experience is different.
    10-16-2015 08:23 PM
    Dropped calls. Lousy reception (other party keeps losing ability to hear me).

Defeats the point of calling it a "phone."

I doubt the replacement will do any better and I won't be able to call Verizon about it until Sunday at this point to see if they can do anything on their end.

Have you read the material on Verizon's website [http://forums.androidcentral.com/e?l...token=zaYsJW9q

I have not turned Advanced Calling on because of the issue with LTE calls dropping if you move out of an LTE area. Being able to continue a call is more important to me than the ability to do data and voice. Just walking around in my house LTE level service is dropped. Even though Verizon claims our metro area is LTE service, I find the phone indicate areas where the service drops to 3G. While the material was written about a year ago when the service was being rolled out, the information is still valid in most cases.
    10-16-2015 10:08 PM
    Have you read the material on Verizon's website [Cell Phones, Smartphones & the Largest 4G LTE Network - Verizon Wireless

I have not turned Advanced Calling on because of the issue with LTE calls dropping if you move out of an LTE area. Being able to continue a call is more important to me than the ability to do data and voice. Just walking around in my house LTE level service is dropped. Even though Verizon claims our metro area is LTE service, I find the phone indicate areas where the service drops to 3G. While the material was written about a year ago when the service was being rolled out, the information is still valid in most cases.
    Link doesn't work but I recall reading about that issue last year, too. It was not a concern of mine because I live in a supposedly well covered area. My LTE bars are completely solid in my house so the idea that the Advanced Calling would be an issue never occurred to me. But the quality really was horrible, unless that's a device issue. We'll see if the second device, when it arrives on Valentine's Day, is any better. Having data for navigation or other needs while traveling is important to me.
    10-17-2015 08:00 AM
49 12