Can't hear Facebook Messenger notifications

Truekirby

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
This has been bugging me ever since I got the phone. I can't seem to hear messenger notifications no matter how loud i have the phone set to. I've downloaded the app "disable increasing ring" but that doesn't seem to work. Any help will be appreciated.

BlueBlazer60

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
Re: Can't hear messenger notifications

No from Facebook messenger. But it also happens for other notifications as well

I had a problem with not hearing notifications. Not sure what happened but in trying out different sounds [ringtones] for the notifications the new one seeming to work all the time. One of the few things about the phone I don't care for is the lack of a separate volume control for notifications.

And it makes absolutely no sense so it is probably in my mind, but I think the range of volume has increased over time. The high end of the range seems to be louder. Probably more I am learning the sound of the new phone.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site

This was a problem with the 2014 Moto X after it got Lollipop and it continues on the XPE. The problem is that the external sound (for notifications AND ringtones) starts at a much lower volume and then ramps up to whatever setting you have things at. Unfortunately, for single/short tones, the volume doesn't ramp up by the time the tone has already ended.

tony1208

May 30, 2011
Visit site

Idk why you have this issue... My notifications are LOUD....

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

youngusaplaya

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

And so are mine don't have issues about not hearing them and also turn off a majority of notifications

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site

It's just the single note notification that is quiet. Multi-tone notifications come through very loud and mostly clear (there is the speaker crackle on occasion).

Laineyc

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

It's just the single note notification that is quiet. Multi-tone notifications come through very loud and mostly clear (there is the speaker crackle on occasion).

Did you get this resolved? I have the same problem, mostly with FB messenger.

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site

I have a similar issue. I use a auto rule driven DO NOT DISTURB, every night.
The next day, after DND turns off, most days I won't hear notifications until I reboot.
Can't figure why.

ETA: after about a week, it just settled down and started functioning correctly.
Auto rule DND turns off and notification sounds and vibrations come, like they should. Go figure....

Last edited:

Ronnie Sandifer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site

I have the same problem with Facebook messenger. Something weird is if you go into the notification settings in FB messenger and go to the different sounds you can choose from, if you tap the messenger sound once it's quiet tap again it's little louder tap again and it hits full volume. Doesn't change anything though. Still can't hear it

Posted via the Android Central App

livewiremaxx

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

I posted earlier in a thread that I had started last week or so ago. Clearing cache gets my sounds back to working.
But seems to have to do it every few days.

drivingwithbooks

May 19, 2016
Visit site

My husband has the Motorola Maxx 2 and he has started having problems with his Facebook notification and facebook messenger sounds being very low. We have made multiple calls to Verizon for technical support but nothing has worked. We've done the system upgrade then a factory reset and a system upgrade again. If anyone has a solution, please update this forum.

Last edited:

almaherli

Feb 27, 2018
Visit site
I had the same problem for almost 1 month, I just solved it, make sure just the first one is ON, otherwise you won't receive a notification, 😁

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180227-104514.jpg
    Screenshot_20180227-104514.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 6

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22