My old Sony is broken so I bought the latest Moto flagship though I had heard of its "sloppy" volume button.

However it is beyond my expectation that the volume button is in such bad condition: the lower volume button does not respond since the 3rd day of use. I do not know whether it never worked from the beginning because I do not recall whether I used that button or not for the first two days.

Called Motorola and they said I would need to send back the phone and they can check it and maybe send me a cold to order a new one. It will take at least 2 weeks. (I am in France)

The issue is I am going to travel in Asia for 3 weeks. How can we travel without a phone?! Whatsapp, googleMap, Gmail, GoogleTranslator ...all are essential during the visit of a foreign country. And there is no such thing as iTune for Android, so it would be inconvinient to transfer config/apps/photos to a new phone without the old phone -- I know the googlePhotos and other cloud based things, but is that really one integrated, quick and safe tool?

It would be really good client service if they can just send me the new phone and allow a seamless switch of new/old phones -- don't leave me without a phone for weeks. All in all, it is a defective product and I did do anything wrong.

p.s. This is the time when friends said like they just walked into an apple store and apple guys gave them a new phone with a smile (of course the old defective phone is taken away).

update: after hours of try, the button can work if I press it from a crazy angle and towards certain direction. Well, feel like I were using an old phone after years use.
    10-12-2015 03:58 AM
    Are we talking about the Moto X Pure? There is only one volume button - a volume rocker actually - and on mine it is not sloppy at all? You make it sound by your comments here "However it is beyond my expectation that the volume button is in such bad condition: the lower volume button does not respond since the 3rd day of use." that there is more than one volume button on the phone???
    10-12-2015 12:38 PM
    Are we talking about the Moto X Pure? There is only one volume button - a volume rocker actually - and on mine it is not sloppy at all? You make it sound by your comments here "However it is beyond my expectation that the volume button is in such bad condition: the lower volume button does not respond since the 3rd day of use." that there is more than one volume button on the phone???
    OP is just referring to volume down.
    10-12-2015 10:31 PM