Anyway to block phone numbers?

anon(9268751)

May 28, 2015
Visit site
Is there a way to block unwanted callers on the moto x ? I used to use Mr Number but the hangup feature doesn't work on this phone. Ant advice would be appreciated.

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Add the number to your contact list. Open the contact. Then open overflow menu and add to auto reject list. I use one contact called SPAM and add all these numbers in one place.

scott1001001

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
Add the number to your contact list. Open the contact. Then open overflow menu and add to auto reject list. I use one contact called SPAM and add all these numbers in one place.

I used this method and created a single contact and called it Blocked Callers. You can add multiple phone numbers to a single contact. Works well. As unwanted calls come in, just select and add to contact and select the Blocked Callers contract.

anon(9268751)

May 28, 2015
Visit site

Not sure where the "overflow" menu and the auto "reject" list is located. Could you give me a step by step? Thanks.

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Just to be sure, you're using the Moto X Pure Edition on Android 5.1? Auto reject must not be an option on stock OS.

MaxGA

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
I use Contacts+ and it works well. The other advantage is that the messaging app built into Contacts+ is also much nicer than the stock messaging app on the Moto X Pure.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Apparently Marshmallow does not have this feature. It was really convenient. Deleting it from MM seems an over sight IMO. guess I'll go third party then.

jchapman01

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know if there is an app that will allow you to dismiss a call and have the caller hear a message similar saying that this number is no longer active? Or something similar?

Posted via the Android Central App

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I've heard that Truecaller hijacks your phonebook to populate their caller id service. I don't know for sure. You may want to check on this.

whorider

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
You could also flash Google Dialer 2.1 with CID and Google Contacts 1.1; then delete or freeze the basic dialer/contacts that comes w/ the moto x.

I can't post URL's, but go to xda-developers --> Moto X Style (Pure) --> X Style (Pure) Themes and Apps

Then find this thread: [ZIP] [Marshmallow] Google Dialer 2.32 + Google Contacts 1.3 (12/4)

Once you have those installed you can just long-press a number in the dialer app and the option to "Block Number" is available.

Last edited:

Jnm411

Jul 27, 2016
Visit site
I don't have all those options on the dropdown. All I have is delete, share and place on home screen.
I had same complication only those 3 options, you have to go into edit the contact and than click the drop down menu and in that one it will give you the automatically to voicemail option...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance