02-28-2017 03:48 PM
29 12
tools
    Is there a way to block unwanted callers on the moto x ? I used to use Mr Number but the hangup feature doesn't work on this phone. Ant advice would be appreciated.
    10-14-2015 12:09 AM
    Add the number to your contact list. Open the contact. Then open overflow menu and add to auto reject list. I use one contact called SPAM and add all these numbers in one place.
    10-14-2015 12:11 AM
    Try Call Control
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
    10-14-2015 04:17 AM
    Add the number to your contact list. Open the contact. Then open overflow menu and add to auto reject list. I use one contact called SPAM and add all these numbers in one place.
    I used this method and created a single contact and called it Blocked Callers. You can add multiple phone numbers to a single contact. Works well. As unwanted calls come in, just select and add to contact and select the Blocked Callers contract.
    10-14-2015 08:45 AM
    Not sure where the "overflow" menu and the auto "reject" list is located. Could you give me a step by step? Thanks.
    10-14-2015 08:56 AM
    10-14-2015 10:03 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Merged.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	116.0 KB 
ID:	201384
    I don't have all those options on the dropdown. All I have is delete, share and place on home screen.
    10-14-2015 10:23 AM
    Just to be sure, you're using the Moto X Pure Edition on Android 5.1? Auto reject must not be an option on stock OS.
    10-14-2015 10:52 AM
    Just to be sure, you're using the Moto X Pure Edition on Android 5.1? Auto reject must not be an option on stock OS.
    Yes that's correct 2015 3rd gen moto x pure edition Android 5.1.1
    10-14-2015 11:20 AM
    I use true caller. Works perfect

Posted via the Android Central App
    charliefromflorida and brentj like this.
    10-14-2015 11:22 AM
    I use true caller. Works perfect

Yes I just found that one. Giving it a try.
    10-14-2015 11:28 AM
    I use Contacts+ and it works well. The other advantage is that the messaging app built into Contacts+ is also much nicer than the stock messaging app on the Moto X Pure.
    10-15-2015 09:01 PM
    Apparently Marshmallow does not have this feature. It was really convenient. Deleting it from MM seems an over sight IMO. guess I'll go third party then.
    01-27-2016 11:30 AM
    I really wish this was included in MM. Kinda sucks that it's not.

02-01-2016 10:30 PM
    I really wish this was included in MM. Kinda sucks that it's not.

Yeah me too but I find the trucaller app quite helpful.
    02-01-2016 10:35 PM
    Does anyone know if there is an app that will allow you to dismiss a call and have the caller hear a message similar saying that this number is no longer active? Or something similar?

02-01-2016 10:40 PM
    Yeah me too but I find the trucaller app quite helpful.
    I just downloaded Truecaller based on the comments here. I'll give a shot.

02-01-2016 10:41 PM
    I've heard that Truecaller hijacks your phonebook to populate their caller id service. I don't know for sure. You may want to check on this.
    droidman2177 and cmgodwin like this.
    02-03-2016 06:40 PM
    You could also flash Google Dialer 2.1 with CID and Google Contacts 1.1; then delete or freeze the basic dialer/contacts that comes w/ the moto x.

I can't post URL's, but go to xda-developers --> Moto X Style (Pure) --> X Style (Pure) Themes and Apps

Then find this thread: [ZIP] [Marshmallow] Google Dialer 2.32 + Google Contacts 1.3 (12/4)

Once you have those installed you can just long-press a number in the dialer app and the option to "Block Number" is available.
    02-07-2016 04:22 PM
    I don't have all those options on the dropdown. All I have is delete, share and place on home screen.
    I had same complication only those 3 options, you have to go into edit the contact and than click the drop down menu and in that one it will give you the automatically to voicemail option...
    07-27-2016 02:48 PM
    This is absolutely ridiculous. Why was such a crucial feature taken out? I get spam calls and sms messages every day, and now there is no longer a way to stop them. There is third party software out there to block calls (and yes I can chose to create a "spam" contact that goes straight to voicemail after recording all the numbers and going 4 layers deep into the menus), but none of them block messages. The only ones that do force you to make them the default messaging app, and none of them support mms messaging. So my choices are to give up group/picture messaging, or deal with the onslaught of spam. Thanks a lot.
    mrpackerguy likes this.
    12-23-2016 03:44 PM
    Yes! I downloaded the YouMail app a couple of months ago to block calls and stop robocalls and telemarketers. It's really helped a lot. Check it out.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d..._content%3D%26
    01-05-2017 02:23 PM
    This was really easy on windows phone....just select the phone number and choose Block Caller.
    01-11-2017 06:10 AM
    This was really easy on windows phone....just select the phone number and choose Block Caller.
    True. and also same with iPhone. Android is all about apps tho. I use a call blocker "extreme call blocker". Lots of others to choose from also. Some have additional functionality as well. I swap a lot between iOS and Android and the differences can be starkly jaw dropping and makes one just shake their head at times. I don't think simplicity is Androids forte. But it is by far the coolest, most customizable OS out there. One can get into it as deep as they want or just keep it pretty plain, but why would one want that? It's android after all. Check the app store and find the call blocker that suits your needs. Good Luck.
    01-11-2017 11:18 AM
    This is absolutely ridiculous. Why was such a crucial feature taken out? I get spam calls and sms messages every day, and now there is no longer a way to stop them. There is third party software out there to block calls (and yes I can chose to create a "spam" contact that goes straight to voicemail after recording all the numbers and going 4 layers deep into the menus), but none of them block messages. The only ones that do force you to make them the default messaging app, and none of them support mms messaging. So my choices are to give up group/picture messaging, or deal with the onslaught of spam. Thanks a lot.
    Why so much spam? Is your number out there ? A business number perhaps? I don't get spam texts, maybe rarely and if they come back again I put them on the block list. Not sure why you get so many. I keep my number pretty private which maybe helps, don't know. But a good blocker app is worth the coin. Some call blocker apps, the better ones use an FCC spam list to detect incoming spam. I see my list grow as I check it occasionally and notice all the blocked stuff. You can also send a deluge of texts to any number you want, forget which blocker app that is and haven't used it but could be stress relieving Might get those to stop that way, don't know. Not everything hits the auto FCC block radar tho, but it is easy to add them to the list and never hear from them again. Guess it's the way android is. Customize it to your liking with 3rd party stuff. Extreme call blocker works great for me, once you've done a few it's very fast.
    01-11-2017 11:32 AM
29 12