Hey everyone. I've just got a Moto X Style and mostly love it (especially coming from my ancient Galaxy S3 which was slowwwww at opening apps)

One problem I'm having though is the seeming inability to turn on or off vibration when I get notifications. I used to use my phone in one of three ways:

1) Outdoors - Ringers/notifications on full volume, plus vibration
    2) Indoors - Ringers/notifications quieter, no vibration
    3) Bedtime - Ringers on but quiet, notifications silent, no vibration

I can't seem to get anything close to this. Even when I've gone into individual apps and turned off the vibration setting, it still vibrates! And this motor is almost as loud as the sounds!

I would LOVE if any of you could help. Thanks everyone
    10-16-2015 07:43 AM
    The joys of not having TouchWiz- Being able to select different volumes was a good thing. As far as vibration goes, in Settings/sound& notification/ you can try turning off "vibrate for calls", but I dont know if that helps with notifications. Try playing with interruptions as well.
    10-16-2015 07:56 AM
    You may have to turn off the vibrations at the app level. Go to the messaging app you use and look for the vibration setting.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    10-16-2015 08:43 AM
    Hey everyone. I've just got a Moto X Style and mostly love it (especially coming from my ancient Galaxy S3 which was slowwwww at opening apps)

One problem I'm having though is the seeming inability to turn on or off vibration when I get notifications. I used to use my phone in one of three ways:

1) Outdoors - Ringers/notifications on full volume, plus vibration
    2) Indoors - Ringers/notifications quieter, no vibration
    3) Bedtime - Ringers on but quiet, notifications silent, no vibration

I can't seem to get anything close to this. Even when I've gone into individual apps and turned off the vibration setting, it still vibrates! And this motor is almost as loud as the sounds!

I would LOVE if any of you could help. Thanks everyone
    Have you tried using the Moto assist for sleep?

10-16-2015 10:39 AM
    You may have to turn off the vibrations at the app level. Go to the messaging app you use and look for the vibration setting.

Yeah I'm trying that, although it seems quite random. My Facebook messenger app still vibrates despite me turning the vibrate setting off. I just wish there was a single 'never vibrate' button.

Have you tried using the Moto assist for sleep?

I assume that's only for when it's silent though. Sometimes I want no vibrations while I have my sounds still on. It's frustrating there's no simple 'vibe off' setting.
    10-17-2015 02:31 PM