Since there's a few roms out right now on xda, are u flashing a ton or waiting for the marshmallow update

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    10-19-2015 07:38 PM
    I would wait for official. The custom M roms are only able to use open source drivers, the biggest impact of that is photo quality. Moto is historically quick with updates, I would hold off.
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
    10-19-2015 07:53 PM
    I can wait for the official Moto update. It'll probably come next month, so it won't be long. 5.1.1 is working just fine for now.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Uncle Louie likes this.
    10-20-2015 01:24 PM
    I am waiting for Motorola to push out the update.
    10-20-2015 01:30 PM
    I'm waiting for the official update.

Sent from my Moto X Pure Edition using Tapatalk
    10-20-2015 01:59 PM
    Motorola is already doing testing by pushing 6.0 builds out to small test groups so they are well on track it seems to get it pushed out fairly quick. I'd much rather wait for something official.
    10-20-2015 02:12 PM
    I'm waiting on Motorola.

10-20-2015 08:51 PM
    Same- waiting for official.
    10-21-2015 04:32 AM
    Same, waiting for official
    10-21-2015 06:14 PM
    Waiting for an official update comeout

10-25-2015 05:45 PM
    I'm giving my mxpe time to see if it has a warranty issue before I root and rom. It's not about waiting for Marshmallow for me, it's about waiting to see if there's a problem to be fixed.
    10-26-2015 10:18 AM
    No way I was waiting for official rom with the stuttering and microlags I was having scrolling in apps, some web pages, and on the keyboard. I came from a liquid smooth Oneplus One and was not going to put up with obvious performance issues.

I'm running semi-stock 5.1.1 based modified factory rom with optimized kernel. Smooth as glass now.

Nobody can tell me the factory software on this phone is smooth and lag free. If you think so, you either don't know what t look for or trying not to see it.

10-26-2015 11:56 AM
    No way I was waiting for official rom with the stuttering and microlags I was having scrolling in apps, some web pages, and on the keyboard. I came from a liquid smooth Oneplus One and was not going to put up with obvious performance issues.

I'm running semi-stock 5.1.1 based modified factory rom with optimized kernel. Smooth as glass now.

Nobody can tell me the factory software on this phone is smooth and lag free. If you think so, you either don't know what t look for or trying not to see it.

I can tell you, my factory software is lag free and smooth.
    10-27-2015 10:13 AM

The first lag free phone I've ever used. 7 years of Android phones and this is the first one that is finally completely smooth.
    10-28-2015 12:26 AM
    I agree with john, I came from oneplus one running stock cm12 which was the smoothest phone I have to say I've had no lags or stutter anywhere in ui. My moto x style is not as smooth and there is stutter in app opening and sometimes going through settings menu. Pretty disappointing and I'm considering returning and getting a nexus 6

10-28-2015 06:58 AM
    I've had almost zero issues with any sort of stutter or lag other then going from the Google now screen to the home screen, which may be a bug to be ironed out in the first update the phone gets.

I'd be more tempted to flash a rom if I knew it fixed the Lollipop battery issues. A friend of mine recently got a Nexus 5X after I recommended it to him to a cheap unlocked phone to do basic stuff on (talk, text, Facebook, etc) and he has having some of the same issues Lollipop has with battery power but his idle drain is great thanks to Doze. His cell standby goes crazy on a daily basis, with a good signal, and had gotten as high as 30% of the battery use and his battery life is 'meh' because of it.

Suffice it to say since 6.0 doesn't solve the cell standby issue I don't even care about an official update from Moto; it won't fix the biggest and pretty much only issue I have with the phone. Hopefully Google can get it together for 6.0.1 or 6.1 and focus on fixing bugs instead of tossing band aids like Doze in and crossing their fingers.
    10-29-2015 11:07 AM

I can tell you, my factory software is lag free and smooth.
    The first lag free phone I've ever used. 7 years of Android phones and this is the first one that is finally completely smooth.
    After having an HTC Evo, Galaxy s2,s3,s4 and s5 , this is the smoothest phone I've had
    the tall guy likes this.
    10-29-2015 06:58 PM
    Also, I'm stock rooted and sticking with stock ROMs. No need for custom ROMs on this phone
    10-29-2015 06:59 PM