Received my new Motorola X style today, absolutely loving it except it's got a dead pixel on the screen. Can this be fixed? If not what's the best to get a replacement as I've heard Motorolas returns procedure is a nightmare. Would it be quicker/easier to go down the colour change route?

Adi
    10-20-2015 04:38 PM
    Don't set up an advanced exchange, or any exchange really, though the web form on the Moto website. Your RMA will just stick in the system because they have no refurbished Pure's to send out so the automated RMA system just gets lost and nothing ever happens. That is pretty much what happened to mine.

Your best bet is to call or do an e-chat with an agent and get it set up to do an exchange and have them send you a code to order a new Moto X at not cost and send yours in. If you have any issues you can post on Motorola Support forums about the problem and usually one of the few agents that are on the forum can get it fixed up but there is no real guarantee on that front..
    10-20-2015 05:41 PM
    So should I say it's faulty or just ask for change due to not liking the colour?
    10-20-2015 06:59 PM
    Return it.
    10-20-2015 07:05 PM
    I have quite a bit of light leakage on my pure and chatted with Motorola last Friday (10/16/15). They had me and then a picture of my issue and they told me that I do have an issue and they will be sending me out a phone exactly like my motomaker phone within 4 business days.

Sunday morning (10/18/15) I received an email informing me that I need to call moto care to get a replacement. I phoned them and gave them the rma #. The csr said that they need to send me a code so I could make another phone on motomaker website. He said they would send me a email informing me that my code was ready with 24-48 hours. After 60 hours I called moto care again to inquire why I haven't received a code yet. The csr said that they are running behind on the codes because of the high volume of replacements. He checked and said that I should have my code by this Friday (10/23/15).

My issue with my screen is minor so I'm not in a big hurry for a replacement but I feel for the customers who are having major issues. Hopefully this is just because the phone is so new but I wander if I will have this issue 6 months from now if I need to use my moto insurance?

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-21-2015 03:54 AM
    Thanks for the info,

Is the Moto insurance available in the UK because i never got that option at the time of purchasing the phone
    10-21-2015 06:14 AM
    Thanks for the info,

Is the Moto insurance available in the UK because i never got that option at the time of purchasing the phone
    I don't know if it is available in the UK but for here you have 30 days after purchase to add it.
    10-21-2015 10:52 AM
    Sometimes it comes with the territory when you're an early adopter.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-21-2015 05:54 PM
    I had a random white pixel on mine. After I determined that I loved the phone and want to use it for the next few years, I decided that I would exchange rather than return it. I exchanged it through a chat - and then several follow up phone calls since the chat rep didn't actually follow through. Motorola sent me a new one and now I have to send mine back. Weird thing, though - if you have any upgrades (increased memory or custom back) you have to pay for those again and wait for a refund.
    10-21-2015 11:18 PM
    i have initiallised the claim through a chat session. They requested i send pictures of the screen which i have now done.

Just need to wait now...
    10-22-2015 07:45 AM
    i have initiallised the claim through a chat session. They requested i send pictures of the screen which i have now done.

Just need to wait now...
    And how exactly did you take a screenshot of a dead pixel :P (I am assuming one)
    10-22-2015 08:47 AM
    And how exactly did you take a screenshot of a dead pixel :P (I am assuming one)
    Simple.

You use another camera to take a picture of the screen of the Moto X with the dead pixel.

You don't take a screenshot on the Moto X with the dead pixel.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-22-2015 11:36 AM
    Simple.

You use another camera to take a picture of the screen of the Moto X with the dead pixel.

You don't take a screenshot on the Moto X with the dead pixel.
    Poor choice of words on my part (didn't mean screenshot). I meant how did you get the one dead pixel to show in the picture.
    10-22-2015 12:03 PM