Advanced Replacement

azdmelani

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
For those who had to send back their original phone to Moto, did you just send the phone, or include the box and accessories also?

shocker80

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
For those who had to send back their original phone to Moto, did you just send the phone, or include the box and accessories also?
I did a chat with a Motorola rep this morning for the same question. She said just send the phone back. Pretty happy I will now have 2 turbo chargers.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I was never told one way or another. I'm still just going to send everything in just to be sure. I don't trust Moto's pretty horrid customer service to give me the correct information at this point anyway.

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I was never told one way or another. I'm still just going to send everything in just to be sure. I don't trust Moto's pretty horrid customer service to give me the correct information at this point anyway.
Agreed. Don't open up the possibility of them rejecting your return. CSR's aren't always accurate.

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
The good side is that the phone will go to the US side of Motorola. Most go to Texas and mine is going to Chicago, I assume because it's an uncommon hardware issue and they want to dissect the poor phone, so you shouldn't run into the some of the importance issues that plague a lot of Moto's basic non-US support and shipping.

The probably only care about the phone itself and if you have chat logs that say only send the phone then you are more then likely OK if they make a fuss, but, then you have to deal with Moto support while they try and charge you $500+ for the 'incomplete' return and at this point everyone knows Moto support is not something you want to deal with.

Last edited:

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
The good side is that the phone will go to the US side of Motorola. Most go to Texas and mine is going to Chicago, I assume because it's an uncommon hardware issue and they want to dissect the poor phone, so you shouldn't run into the some of the importance issues that plague a lot of Moto's basic non-US support and shipping.

It's more likely because of FedEx prepaid return shipping labels and complications that arise in trusting a customer with no international shipping experience not knowing how to properly handle customs documentation for export to China. Basically, it's easier on Moto and the customer to return it to a domestic address.

azdmelani

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Weirdly enough I got a completely different turbo charger this time around. My first one has a removable usb, this one does not

anon(883913)

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Anytime I see a post about Motorola's advanced exchange I cannot help but warn everyone to check their card statements afterwards and make sure that Motorola gives up the hold on your card. I fought with them for over 6 months after doing an advanced exchange on a first-gen Moto X and it was insane the amount of time I wasted on the phone with their reps trying to get the issue resolved.

ibleedbloo

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Just did a chat as well. I did a moto maker do over, not exactly the same as an Advanced Replacement, but the information should be the same. They said I can return without charger.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 2284.jpg
    2284.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 46

ibleedbloo

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Wanted to do a quick follow up. I received an email from Motorola today saying I might be charged $35 if I don't return the turbo charger. This contradicts what was told a few days ago.

Attachments

• 2286.jpg
    2286.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 36

azdmelani

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Wanted to do a quick follow up. I received an email from Motorola today saying I might be charged $35 if I don't return the turbo charger. This contradicts what was told a few days ago.

Im sending mine back tomorrow, good to know