Just wondering if anyone was using a camera app besides the Motorola one. I used the Google one on my 2014 X but this moto one seems to do the job. I'm always looking to find something better though if anyone has one.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-24-2015 11:12 AM
    Fv5 I like a lot. I keep the moto camera as default for the quick access shots. Fv5 is on my home screen for more serious work.
    JayWill and Ntchwaidumela like this.
    10-24-2015 11:47 PM
    I tried the trial version of FV5 on my Moto X Pure, and it looks like a great solution for a photographer who want to occasionally use his phone's camera for those times that he doesn't have his serious cameras handy.

However, I was disappointed to find that some of the settings available in FV5 just won't work on the Pure. For example, I would like to use Shutter Priority and FV5 has the ability to set shutter speeds, but the Moto camera doesn't allow it. After doing a little more research on the subject, it seems there is no work-around until Motorola adds the ability. Am I correct?
    10-25-2015 09:15 AM
    I will have to check that app out, maybe it can improve my current camera.
    10-25-2015 10:02 AM
    I tried the trial version of FV5 on my Moto X Pure, and it looks like a great solution for a photographer who want to occasionally use his phone's camera for those times that he doesn't have his serious cameras handy.

However, I was disappointed to find that some of the settings available in FV5 just won't work on the Pure. For example, I would like to use Shutter Priority and FV5 has the ability to set shutter speeds, but the Moto camera doesn't allow it. After doing a little more research on the subject, it seems there is no work-around until Motorola adds the ability. Am I correct?
    Correct. Manual controls are enabled by Camera 2 API which Motorola has left out for some reason. Maybe we'll see it added with 6.0.
    10-25-2015 10:58 AM
    For example, I would like to use Shutter Priority and FV5 has the ability to set shutter speeds, but the Moto camera doesn't allow it. After doing a little more research on the subject, it seems there is no work-around until Motorola adds the ability. Am I correct?
    For what it's worth, I tried Camera FV-5 on my Moto X Pure and it has no problem setting different shutter speeds. I have tried anything from 1 second to 10 seconds without any problems.
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
    10-25-2015 11:00 PM
    For example, I would like to use Shutter Priority and FV5 has the ability to set shutter speeds, but the Moto camera doesn't allow it. After doing a little more research on the subject, it seems there is no work-around until Motorola adds the ability. Am I correct?
    For what it's worth, I tried FV-5 on my Moto X Pure and it has no problem setting different shutter speeds. I tried anything from 1 second to 10 seconds and it didn't have a problem. However, it *does* seem to have a problem with setting a specific ISO. When I try to do that, the app locks up.
    10-25-2015 11:05 PM
    For what it's worth, I tried FV-5 on my Moto X Pure and it has no problem setting different shutter speeds. I tried anything from 1 second to 10 seconds and it didn't have a problem. However, it *does* seem to have a problem with setting a specific ISO. When I try to do that, the app locks up.
    I should have been more specific. I would like the ability to set faster, not slower, shutter speeds.
    10-26-2015 04:52 AM
    I tried several, but none of them work with the quick twist motion to launch the camera, so I'm back with stock - it does the job.
    10-27-2015 11:15 AM