Moto Maker in US. How is your phone delivered?

m0rejuice

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Hi!
This question is addressed to those of you who live in USA (specifically Los Angeles, CA)

How was your phone delivered to you? I mean, do you have to stay at home all day and wait until delivery guy brings your phone? Or do they leave it by the door? Or do you have to go to DHL/FedEx/USPS/etc office?

p.s. I'm from abroad, but my friend lives in LA

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Mine was delivered FedEx with indirect signature required. So you have to either be there to sign for it or you can leave a note for the delivery person that gives them permission to drop it off.

elob

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I believe that all US deliveries are by FedEx. You can make a free account on FedEx's website and wave the signature requirement.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
You may also arrange to pick it up at a FedEx store. That's what I did, since I knew I wouldn't be home to sign for it, and I wouldn't want it left in the hall of my apartment building.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Mine was delivered by FedEx as well.
I printed out the FedEx tracking notice ,signed it and wrote a note on it,, for them to leave it just in case I wasn't around the house .
They saw the note but still knocked I happened to be home. If I had not been home since that was taped to the door and signed ,
FedEx would still have left the package.

Edit: I also had mentioned on the note a specific spot to leave out of view

thymeless

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Mine cleared in 12 hours from the original delay notice. So Motorola is on it, so it seems. Just saying to expect that custom notice in the shipping tracking. It can be unsettling.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Hi!
This question is addressed to those of you who live in USA (specifically Los Angeles, CA)

How was your phone delivered to you? I mean, do you have to stay at home all day and wait until delivery guy brings your phone? Or do they leave it by the door? Or do you have to go to DHL/FedEx/USPS/etc office?

p.s. I'm from abroad, but my friend lives in LA

I had it held for pick up at my local FedEx. Called me when it arrived.

Posted via the Android Central App

EJT

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Mine shipped via FedEx.... And went from China to my door in a total of 26 hours. That's impressive.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Mine shipped via FedEx.... And went from China to my door in a total of 26 hours. That's impressive.

That's due to the time difference (international dateline), but still very impressive (40 actual hours).

Posted via Android Central App

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I always set pickup for a Kinkos/FedEx store. But I have one 5 minutes from home so the convenience factor is huge.

Westiemom

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Can someone tell me how long it took to get your phone from the time you placed your order on Moto Maker?
Curious because I just ordered one last night and it sounds like they might be back-logged. Glad to hear they're sent by FedEx though.

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Can someone tell me how long it took to get your phone from the time you placed your order on Moto Maker?
Curious because I just ordered one last night and it sounds like they might be back-logged. Glad to hear they're sent by FedEx though.

8 calendar days for both of my orders, though one was held up in customs and added a couple days. They seem to consolidate shipments to FedEx, which adds a couple days after the status changes to "order complete".

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site

10-11 days

schwars1

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site

6 days, including a weekend. Ordered Thursday morning, delivered Wednesday morning (China to DC).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar