"Ma" Value Changing

Ichigo91

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

Yesterday I got my moto x style from CLOVE UK,

I download 2 apps, 1 of them called "Battery"

The "Ma" battery value always seems to jump every sec or 2 or sec or whatever to higher values and lower values, for example from:

400 to 375, or 376 to 900, or 900 to 23... etc etc etc

Is that suppose to be that way?

Also I noticed when using the phone for texting I lose quite a few percents quite fast, and the battery temperature is about 40c or even 41c sometimes... I charged my battery to 80% and after around 30-40 minutes (maybe a bit less then 40 minutes) I am down to %62

I don't have GPS on or any of that stuff, and brightness is low as well... also according to the battery stats, everything seems to me pretty normal...

PS: also I dont have any sim card in my phone right now

Opinions??

Last edited:

Loiter

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Do you mean mA? Yes it is normal to change depending on what the phone does.
About battery drain, please install GSAM battery and give us some stats from there. Of if this app you say has the stats please post them.
18% is a bit much for such a short interval.

Ichigo91

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Do you mean mA? Yes it is normal to change depending on what the phone does.
About battery drain, please install GSAM battery and give us some stats from there. Of if this app you say has the stats please post them.
18% is a bit much for such a short interval.

But even when I do nothing on the phone every second the "Ma" jumps from high to low numbers

Shortly I will post battery screenshot

Hendry775

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
Hello,

Yesterday I got my moto x style from CLOVE UK,

I download 2 apps, 1 of them called "Battery"

The "Ma" battery value always seems to jump every sec or 2 or sec or whatever to higher values and lower values, for example from:

400 to 375, or 376 to 900, or 900 to 23... etc etc etc

Is that suppose to be that way?

Also I noticed when using the phone for texting I lose quite a few percents quite fast, and the battery temperature is about 40c or even 41c sometimes... I charged my battery to 80% and after around 30-40 minutes (maybe a bit less then 40 minutes) I am down to %62

I don't have GPS on or any of that stuff, and brightness is low as well... also according to the battery stats, everything seems to me pretty normal...

PS: also I dont have any sim card in my phone right now

Opinions??

Battery life is not so great in the first 1-2 days of use after getting the phone. It improves gradually after you let it go through some charge/discharge cycles. I have been using my Pure for 8 days now and battery life has been good.

Posted via the Android Central App

Loiter

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Don't look at the mA numbers. Even if you don't do anything, your phone may be doing various things.
Also, I see a lot of apps that personally I wouldn't use (like Antivirus, Clean Master etc. but each one has his own preferences).

A 11 minutes interval doesn't say much. Press the 3rd button and choose "since full charge" or something similar. Try to leave the phone idle for some time too in order to see if there is drain when idle too.
Also have in mind that the phone is still setting up, syncing etc. The first couple of days are always different.

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I must agree with Loiter above that you do NOT need any Anti Virus apps, nor should you be using any Clean Master apps. This has been discussed more times than I can even remember on many forums for many years. As long as you have Google Play Services configured to NOT allow third party app installs, and you stick with Google Play Store for your apps and you don't surf bad web sites and click on nefarious links you cannot become infected with a virus or malware on Android. Also, Android itself will take care of all the cleanup you need. So even though those two apps may not appear to be using much in the way of battery juice.... the way they manipulate other apps can cause them to use more battery juice.

Loiter

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
It looks pretty normal to me. You haven't used the phone as a phone so the radio is 0% and screen is your biggest drain.
You are almost at half your battery (45%) with 2h40m so this means that you can make it 3,5 or 4h of SOT which is pretty normal for this phone, especially when your screen on time is mainly from watching videos. If for example you were just reading something, you could make it more.
Τhere are always tweaks to improve this, but I don't think there is any problem with your phone to be honest.

Ichigo91

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
It looks pretty normal to me. You haven't used the phone as a phone so the radio is 0% and screen is your biggest drain.
You are almost at half your battery (45%) with 2h40m so this means that you can make it 3,5 or 4h of SOT which is pretty normal for this phone, especially when your screen on time is mainly from watching videos. If for example you were just reading something, you could make it more.
Τhere are always tweaks to improve this, but I don't think there is any problem with your phone to be honest.

Thanks! I think youre right !

Though after the charge 2 percent got away pretty quick by swiping through the app... Maybe within 2 minutes... Anyway I believe it will get better like people say on here

Thanks!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463