Moto X Pure Screen Fail

anon(19981)

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Just a update on my replacement situation. Three weeks to the day I received a replacement code to order a new phone. By coincidence or not, it was also the same day I posted some not so favorable things on Motorola forums page. I wasn't bombastic or anything but was truthful. Whatever the reason, I'm pleased to have the phone ordered. By the way, they do not have any premium back codes so if your phone is leather or wood you will have to pay $25 up front and be reimbursed once the old phone is returned to the warehouse.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

anon(19981)

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Re: Display Washed Out Last Night

I think the best and easiest way to deal with them is the Motorola forums page once you get your RMA #. They do seem to respond to people pretty fast there.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site

It's the screen issue still there or getting any better?

PS. I'm think about exchanging my white/champagne/royal/metallic royal for the dark ash back with metallic royal accent. How are you liking the wood back and combo you ordered?

The issue is still there. I'll get it fixed... Wouldn't detour me from buying the phone again. It's been great otherwise.

As far as the ash wood back, I couldn't be happier. I don't any issues with it being slippery like others have said. I went with the blue accents and that's the main complement I get when people see it.

wckesq

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site

Still have no news on my replacement despite email to moto. Not one one of their happiest customers now.

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site

Still have no news on my replacement despite email to moto. Not one one of their happiest customers now.
If you have not done so already I would suggest posting on the Moto support forums. There are one or two agents on there that can do was 99% of their fellow customer service agents can't figure out; it was how my RMA was salvaged. Just express how frustrated you are without going absolutely crazy or anything and you should hear something on Monday.

2015 X RMA's are an absolute mess and a nightmare right now and the only way I have found to get though it is post on the support forums. You could also file a complaint with the BBB. That will get the attention of Executive Escalations in Chicago and that usually moves things along; which is how I had to deal with more then a few companies these days.

Westiemom

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site

These red lines appeared today on my phone... If someone were to show me this I would assume pressure caused it. No such thing happened here.

I do have Moto care but I try and live with it for a bit till sales settle down, maybe.

How long had you had your phone before this screen issue showed up? Sounds like a nightmare to me!

Ryaan Johnson

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site

I have dealt with moto customer service and gotten a replacement phone. While they are backlogged due to the popularity of this phone it is not that bad. Call them they will work with you they log your number so they know if you call repeatedly with the same issue and will assign someone from moto to follow up and make things right.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
How long had you had your phone before this screen issue showed up? Sounds like a nightmare to me!

Had it for about 2 weeks.

I only see the red lines on dark screens so I'm trying to wait it out a bit and let Moto catch up with the overload.

anon(19981)

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I just received my advanced exchange phone on Thursday. Almost 1 month to the day that I first contacted them. Now I get to try and get my hold on my credit card released and my $25 premium fee that I had to pay for my leather back. They did not have any premium xcodes available so I had to pay the extra and I'm supposed to get refunded once my phone makes it back to the warehouse.

colton groters

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
I just received my advanced exchange phone on Thursday. Almost 1 month to the day that I first contacted them. Now I get to try and get my hold on my credit card released and my $25 premium fee that I had to pay for my leather back. They did not have any premium xcodes available so I had to pay the extra and I'm supposed to get refunded once my phone makes it back to the warehouse.

When did you set up your advanced exchange?

colton groters

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
I first called them on Oct 16th and received my xcode on Nov 6th. I received my new phone on Nov 12th.

I just talked to Motorola about an advanced exchange and I am a little nervous about it. It seems that a lot of people are having trouble with their exchanges. I did go through with it and I'm really hoping it gets here instead of me having to deal with the X code stuff

anon(19981)

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I just talked to Motorola about an advanced exchange and I am a little nervous about it. It seems that a lot of people are having trouble with their exchanges. I did go through with it and I'm really hoping it gets here instead of me having to deal with the X code stuff

Good luck. I just hope I have no issues with them getting back my old phone and releasing the hold on my card. I also have to try to get my $25 back that I had to pay to get another leather backed phone because they didn't have any premium xcodes.

colton groters

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
Good luck. I just hope I have no issues with them getting back my old phone and releasing the hold on my card. I also have to try to get my $25 back that I had to pay to get another leather backed phone because they didn't have any premium xcodes.

Thanks! I hope you get your security hold back and your 25$ for your cover! I wish we didn't have to give them 250$ just so we can keep our phone while we get a new one. And even still, we are getting like new phones. Not brand new like I wish we were, I mean we paid for a good phone and we arent getting a new phone sadly