Verizon Data Widget not working on my Moto X Pure Edition

schwars1

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I can't seem to get the Verizon data widget to work on my MXPE. Any one else having trouble?

I'm able to log in and view my account using the My Verizon app but the widget just says disconnected. I share data with my wife and I rely on regularly seeing our combined usage.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I can't seem to get the Verizon data widget to work on my MXPE. Any one else having trouble?

I'm able to log in and view my account using the My Verizon app but the widget just says disconnected. I share data with my wife and I rely on regularly seeing our combined usage.

What does it say?

Disconnected?

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Nope, using the regular one. When I click the widget it opens and is logged in so I don't know what's up.

Try the My Verizon Nexus app. That is the app that I used when I had my Nexus 6. The widget worked for me. That could be your problem.

schwars1

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Tried the Nexus app, no dice.

I'm thinking maybe I didn't set up my phone properly with Verizon and that's why it's giving me trouble. Literally all I did was swap in my SIM card into this new phone. Everything else works just fine...

JustStan

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Thanks radgatt, I didn't even realize there was a Nexus version of the app. I uninstalled the original and installed the Nexus version, but sadly the widget still doesn't work.

Like schwars1, I didn't set up my Nexus 6p through Verizon; I just swapped in the sim from my previous phone. Maybe that's it.

JustStan

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Update: Just tried it again. After logging in a second time and choosing Save Password (not sure if that's what did it) the widget is now working.

Why, oh why, did they make it 1x2????

Thanks and good luck guys.

schwars1

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
So I tried activating the phone via Verizon's website and things were going well, then error. Again, everything still works but I'm thinking my original issue is related to the phone not being set up 100% correctly in their system. I'm going to stop by a Verizon store at lunch and see if they can sort things out.

schwars1

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
So I tried activating the phone via Verizon's website and things were going well, then error. Again, everything still works but I'm thinking my original issue is related to the phone not being set up 100% correctly in their system. I'm going to stop by a Verizon store at lunch and see if they can sort things out.

...and after three separate Verizon store employees looked at and fiddled with my phone the official consensus was "I don't know." They literally sent me away saying it couldn't be fixed. But this after one exclaimed "You don't even have service!" because my network icon just said LTE not 4G LTE like regular Verizon phones <face palm>

BlueBlazer60

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
Which version number is that? MXPE doesn't come with one preinstalled, but maybe I can find an old apk.

I am not sure this will help you much. I have version number 11.0.2 of My Verizon Mobile on the MXPE. It appears to be working completely. The app was carried forward from the prior phone as part of the Migrate process. [Honestly not what I had planned to do in Migrate but fat fingers error.]

According to the Verizon website if your phone is compatible with the app will show in the Play Store. Since my MXPE only shows compatible for some of Verizon's services on their site, I am not sure this means much. NFL Mobile is not compatible according to Verizon but the Play Store and my phone think it is. Anyway the My Verizon Mobile does not appear in my search of the Play Store Apps nor does it show in my list of apps in the Play Store. It appears on the phone.

If you are looking in the Play Store select wisely. There is a My Mobile Verizon for Tablets app which can be misleading since the 'for Tablets' part of the name does not display well.

travaz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
When I set up my Pure I did not migrate any VZW apps but went into the play store and searched for VZW apps and downloaded and signed in. Then I put the Data widget on my screen and it had me sign in again but it has worked ever since. The My Verizon Mobile App was Version 11.0.14

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I am not sure this will help you much. I have version number 11.0.2 of My Verizon Mobile on the MXPE. It appears to be working completely. The app was carried forward from the prior phone as part of the Migrate process. [Honestly not what I had planned to do in Migrate but fat fingers error.]

According to the Verizon website if your phone is compatible with the app will show in the Play Store. Since my MXPE only shows compatible for some of Verizon's services on their site, I am not sure this means much. NFL Mobile is not compatible according to Verizon but the Play Store and my phone think it is. Anyway the My Verizon Mobile does not appear in my search of the Play Store Apps nor does it show in my list of apps in the Play Store. It appears on the phone.

If you are looking in the Play Store select wisely. There is a My Mobile Verizon for Tablets app which can be misleading since the 'for Tablets' part of the name does not display well.

Could you post the direct Play Store link?

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

Jukii05

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if this has been resolved yet, but I was having the same problem with my MXPE and wanted to share how I fixed it.

I deleted the app from my phone and went to the play store. I downloaded the "My Verizon Mobile for Nexus" app and installed it. Now the widget works perfectly on my phone.

Hope this helps!

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm pretty certain when I was still with Verizon, a few months ago now, that the Verizon mobile app and the nfl mobile worked with no problems for me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance