Hey guys. The android system (6.0) update notification came on my phone yesterday (Moto X Pure 2015). Since I couldn't connect to a WiFi where I was, I decided to switch to my cellular data. But as soon as I did that the notification disappeared. I tried finding it on my phone settings, where you go to settings-->about phone-->system updates. It says my device it upto date. How can I retrieve the notification? I was waiting for my android OS update for a month and then this happened. Really frustrating.

Will appreciate any help
    Thank you
    11-06-2015 09:11 AM
    Hey guys. The android system (6.0) update notification came on my phone yesterday (Moto X Pure 2015). Since I couldn't connect to a WiFi where I was, I decided to switch to my cellular data. But as soon as I did that the notification disappeared. I tried finding it on my phone settings, where you go to settings-->about phone-->system updates. It says my device it upto date. How can I retrieve the notification? I was waiting for my android OS update for a month and then this happened. Really frustrating.

Will appreciate any help
    Thank you
    You shoudn't be receiving a notification at all. It could have been a mistake. The Marshmallow update is still being tested as we speak. When the update is ready that is when it will show up on your phone.
    11-06-2015 09:45 AM
    You shoudn't be receiving a notification at all. It could have been a mistake. The Marshmallow update is still being tested as we speak. When the update is ready that is when it will show up on your phone.
    This. Unless you are part of the test drive group testing out the update then you should not be seeing an update notice, barring some of of mistake in the system that corrected itself. If you are part of the testing group, you'd know because you would have gotten emails, confirmed you agree to things, filled out several surveys, etc, then you will need to talk to Motorola as posting here about it would violate the NDA but it does not sound like you are in the testing group since it started several weeks ago.

At this point 6.0 is likely still a few weeks away.
    11-06-2015 11:36 AM

Will appreciate any help
    Thank you
    Aw man, you missed out on a sneaky sneaky ninja update opportunity!

Kidding aside, it'd probably a good thing you didn't update it, as it is not ready for prime time and for all we know, pushing that update could have messed up your phone.
    11-06-2015 04:11 PM