Why isn't Moto Voice reliable for me?

pfmusician

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I am throughly disappointed with Moto Voice. It works maybe 50% of the time. It NEVER seems to work when I try to show a friend how it works, making me look rather foolish. I recorded my phrase carefully in a quiet room, several times. It is dangerous because while driving I am forced to fiddle with the phone to try to get it to recognize my voice. Sometimes I have to reboot - that sucks. I am going back to "OK Google" and disabling Moto Voice unless someone explains how to get it to work reliably.

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: Why isn't Moto Voice reliable?

I am throughly disappointed with Moto Voice. It works maybe 50% of the time. It NEVER seems to work when I try to show a friend how it works, making me look rather foolish. I recorded my phrase carefully in a quiet room, several times. It is dangerous because while driving I am forced to fiddle with the phone to try to get it to recognize my voice. Sometimes I have to reboot - that sucks. I am going back to "OK Google" and disabling Moto Voice unless someone explains how to get it to work reliably.

Seems like you went though all the appropriate steps. Mine isn't 100% accurate, but it's a lot better than 50 that's for sure. It's pretty sensitive to tone too...at least if my experience generalizes. So the only thing I can think of is the possibility you didn't speak in a natural voice when you recorded. (I know you said you did it multiple times, but it's actually quite easy to record in a somewhat wooden tone that just doesn't comport with our causal, day to day voice). Might be worth one more shot.

Not sure what you mean by having to reboot. You mean it stops working all together until you do so?

Hope you get it working. It's a drag to feel like you can't get a key feature of the device to function properly.

Posted via my Mate 7 or my Moto X Pure

MTeator

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site

Same problem here, good luck. Can never understand me. It'll ask me if it should read a text message and I say Yes and it can't even figure that out.

Posted via the Android Central App

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Been working great for me. I have a long drive and get text messages on every trip. No issues replying back and forth.

pfmusician

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site

Yes. It basically stops working so I have to power down and start the phone up again. I really do believe I spoke in a natural tone. Phrase was "I need some help Moto".
Unique and long enough I feel. It is a disappointment, especially when you try to show a friend. Makes you look foolish.

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site

Have you tried testing a shorter phrase? (Less chance of discrepancies.) I have very little problem with the always listening launch phrase. I use "OK Moto X"

I do sometimes have trouble trying to reply to texts that Moto Assist read to me. But launching Moto Voice is very reliable for me.

Last edited:

BlueBlazer60

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site

There was a earlier thread about the phrases people were using. http://forums.androidcentral.com/mo...phrase-w-moto-assist-moto-x-pure-edition.html I don't think I saw any complete sentences the length you are using. That said, I don't see why yours would be a problem of length. Except maybe for tone and pacing of the words. I am not sure I could say that sentence that same every time. Plus all of the words except Moto are very common in daily speech so there might be a difficulty in recognizing the phrase when you say it.

Of course all of this and $5 will get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks.

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site

I just stopped using moto voice and using the google voice instead with "ok google'

anon(1731192)

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site

I had the Moto Voice (Droid Turbo 2) keyword set to "OK Google" and that caused me no end of recognition issues, but then changed it to "Hey Samantha" and all the issues went away.

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I have the opposite problem, my phrase is OK Marta, and it reacts to that even to my friends saying it (isn't it supposed to recognize my voice?) But it also starts on his own activated by television, people talking with me and some sound. Today happened at least 50 times in 5 hours, 4 in the last 30 mins. I recorded my calling phrase in a totally silent room.. Dunno what to do apart switching it off, which is annoying in 2 ways, one because I want to use it the other because it shouldn't just start without me prompting it

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane