11-14-2015 11:56 AM
88 ... 234
tools
    That's just strange. That's great for you and others. But when I go under settings and than more, there is no option to enable Enhanced 4G LTE Mode.
    The last time when I called Verizon they went into my account and than said to wait for 2 days and I will see the option to enable it. Needless to say nothing showed up.
    11-13-2015 02:03 PM
    Ry, did VZW try to charge anything extra for Advanced Calling?
    Was that change something that would kill Unlimited Data? (I know it goes up by $20 per line this month.)
    No charge for Advanced Calling 1.0

Does not touch the data plan.
    11-13-2015 02:09 PM
    I had the 2013 Moto X prior to the Moto X Pure Edition. I had concerns about the size as well, and I never played with the Pure, since I ordered it on its release date using Moto Maker.

It only took me two days to adapt to the size. Now my 2013 Moto X seems tiny.

I also found the Nexus 6 too big. I have some friends who have the Nexus 6, and it was much too wide for me, due to the bigger bezels.

The Moto X Pure Edition ended up being just the right size for me.
    I agree, at first I thought the phone was going to be too big for me, but now I am very used to it. In fact, I cannot even go back to the old 5 inch screen phones and I need a big phone
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-13-2015 02:42 PM
    That's just strange. That's great for you and others. But when I go under settings and than more, there is no option to enable Enhanced 4G LTE Mode.
    The last time when I called Verizon they went into my account and than said to wait for 2 days and I will see the option to enable it. Needless to say nothing showed up.
    Just to be clear: Settings > More (under Wireless & networks) > Cellular networks > Enhanced 4G LTE Mode
    11-13-2015 02:59 PM
    My Moto X Pure Edition arrived this morning and right out of the box I was shocked at just how big it is. I've been using the first gen Moto X since its release and putting the two side by side, the first gen is smaller than just the screen on the new X Pure Edition. It is definitely going to take some getting used to but it is perfect for watching videos (I pulled up some 4k content on YouTube and turned the speakers all the way up and MAN IS IT AMAZING).

Side note, I'm noticing that data speeds on Verizon are a quite a bit slower than on my og Moto X. The old one would average 10 to 15mb on speed test but so far I haven't gotten over 5 on the new one. I wonder if it is an APN setting because I looked at the available options under settings and there are literally 20 different APN settings that all say Verizon Internet.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Ryaan Johnson likes this.
    11-13-2015 03:31 PM
    My Moto X Pure Edition arrived this morning and right out of the box I was shocked at just how big it is. I've been using the first gen Moto X since its release and putting the two side by side, the first gen is smaller than just the screen on the new X Pure Edition. It is definitely going to take some getting used to but it is perfect for watching videos (I pulled up some 4k content on YouTube and turned the speakers all the way up and MAN IS IT AMAZING).

Side note, I'm noticing that data speeds on Verizon are a quite a bit slower than on my og Moto X. The old one would average 10 to 15mb on speed test but so far I haven't gotten over 5 on the new one. I wonder if it is an APN setting because I looked at the available options under settings and there are literally 20 different APN settings that all say Verizon Internet.

Yes the speakers rock..

Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-13-2015 04:51 PM
    Got my XPE today too. It doesn't seem that big to me, but I'm coming from a Turbo. The width of the XPE is the same but its taller than the Turbo. I had to go to work after I got it this morning and am really just trying it out now. It was no problem to pop the sim in though and be connected right away. Trying to get used to the LCD screen after the Amoled of the Turbo. Even though they're both quad HD I do see the difference. It's a beautiful screen though!

ffejjj and Laura Knotek like this.
    11-13-2015 08:30 PM
    Got my XPE today too. It doesn't seem that big to me, but I'm coming from a Turbo. The width of the XPE is the same but its taller than the Turbo. I had to go to work after I got it this morning and am really just trying it out now. It was no problem to pop the sim in though and be connected right away. Trying to get used to the LCD screen after the Amoled of the Turbo. Even though they're both quad HD I do see the difference. It's a beautiful screen though!

I've had it for almost a month now and I'm kicking myself for never trying Moto before.

Westiemom likes this.
    11-13-2015 11:59 PM

The biggest difference I've noticed with the screen is how much better LCD is for use outdoors in the sun. With AMOLED on my 2013 Moto X, I had to shade the screen with my hand to see it outdoors. I'm able to see the screen on my MXPE outdoors in the sun even when I'm wearing sunglasses, and I don't need to shade the screen with my hand.
    ffejjj, Westiemom and dmark44 like this.
    11-14-2015 12:06 AM

I was concerned about the new Moto not having an amoled screen when the specs were announced. Still, kinda prefer the Amoled but have never considered getting another phone just because it has Amoled. You'll be in love before the return policy would have forced you to decide.
    Westiemom likes this.
    11-14-2015 07:16 AM
    The biggest difference I've noticed with the screen is how much better LCD is for use outdoors in the sun. With AMOLED on my 2013 Moto X, I had to shade the screen with my hand to see it outdoors. I'm able to see the screen on my MXPE outdoors in the sun even when I'm wearing sunglasses, and I don't need to shade the screen with my hand.
    Yes! That's what I heard and I'm going to have to go out in the sun today and see that. I couldn't see my Turbo outdoors at all, so I'm looking forward to actually being able to see what I'm taking a picture of outdoors!

dmark44 likes this.
    11-14-2015 07:16 AM
    I've had it for almost a month now and I'm kicking myself for never trying Moto before.

Yes, I do love Moto phones. That's why I got cold feet about getting a Note . I've always had a good experience and I am attached to the features that you don't get on other phones.

11-14-2015 07:20 AM
    I agree 100%! The sun finally broke thru a couple of days ago after a week of dreary weather, so I could finally put the LCD to the test.

The difference is huge! (I'm coming from a 2013 Moto X.) It'll be nice to actually see the screen when I take pictures outside!

One more reason to make me rethink trying out a Turbo 2
    Westiemom and Laura Knotek like this.
    11-14-2015 11:56 AM
88 ... 234