Buyer's Remorse?

Westiemom

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Okay, I'm having some anxiety about ordering a MXPE Friday night. I am seeing some reviews about WiFi connectivity being a big issue.

I know any phone (and really all) have various issues ranging from minor to major. It's why I also got nervous about deciding to get a Note 5 and changed my mind to stick with Motorola. But dang it, WiFi connectivity is the issue I have now with my Turbo (first edition). It drops WiFi all the time and we are going to be giving up unlimited data, so it really matters. (We were on an employee plan through our daughter, who has left Verizon for a new job, so that's why we're now looking at a complete plan change and losing unlimited.)

Honestly, how many of you have had WiFi problems with your MXPE? I am just hearing about a rare phenomenon and this isn't a common problem?

Just want to know whether to possibly cancel and go another route. I do love Motorola so I'm hoping it's uncommon, if you guys know?

Posted via the Android Central App

MTeator

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
My WiFi has been rock solid, even at re:Invent with 19k+ tech people all at one convention center.

anon(883913)

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I just ordered my MXPE Friday night as well and at first I was hesitant because of all the forums on here about various problems / bugs but in the end the people on the forums with problems make up a very small precent of the actual users. A problem that many on the forums might have, is really just a problem that very few normal users will ever have / notice. In my experience with Moto devices, they've always had superior antennas / radios and it shows with everything from WiFi to cellular data. With my first-gen Moto X, I can get signal on the other side of my house where most iPhones won't even see the network.

EDIT:
Also, I read where if you don't cancel the order before the status updates to building the device, you have to wait for the phone to be shipped and delivered before you can start the return process. They don't let you cancel it once they begin building it.

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I will admit to not using WiFi very much because I still have Unlimited Data, but, in the times I have used it, I have had zero issues

Posted from my XT1575

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Okay, I'm having some anxiety about ordering a MXPE Friday night. I am seeing some reviews about WiFi connectivity being a big issue.

I know any phone (and really all) have various issues ranging from minor to major. It's why I also got nervous about deciding to get a Note 5 and changed my mind to stick with Motorola. But dang it, WiFi connectivity is the issue I have now with my Turbo (first edition). It drops WiFi all the time and we are going to be giving up unlimited data, so it really matters. (We were on an employee plan through our daughter, who has left Verizon for a new job, so that's why we're now looking at a complete plan change and losing unlimited.)

Honestly, how many of you have had WiFi problems with your MXPE? I am just hearing about a rare phenomenon and this isn't a common problem?

Just want to know whether to possibly cancel and go another route. I do love Motorola so I'm hoping it's uncommon, if you guys know?

I'm coming from a LG G3 and so far for my I'm in heaven. My normal data signal is much better and my WiFi is strong.

My G3 would drop WiFi all the time but so far my Moto X is a breath of fresh air.

WiFi works great for me

ezvv

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had it drop wifi on me once since I got the phone at the beginning of September. By far my favorite phone I've ever had.

ezvv

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
And I use WiFi every where, home, free WiFi at restaurants and stores.

Westiemom

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Thanks all, I don't know why I'm so nervous about this. I have debated for 6 weeks about what phone I wanted and finally made a decision and now I'm worrying. I haven't had issues with WiFi on other Moto phones, just my current Turbo. And I know its the phone and not the router,etc because my N9 tablet and my husband's Chromebook stay connected just fine.

Just waffling on my decision, and I hate doing that. Thought I had decided to try Samsung and go with the Note, but got cold feet on that too. Other than my WiFi issues with this Turbo, Motorola has been good to me. ( Had the Bionic, Ultra, and now Turbo - they have all been good with the Turbo being the first one I've had any problem with.)

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Thanks all, I don't know why I'm so nervous about this. I have debated for 6 weeks about what phone I wanted and finally made a decision and now I'm worrying. I haven't had issues with WiFi on other Moto phones, just my current Turbo. And I know its the phone and not the router,etc because my N9 tablet and my husband's Chromebook stay connected just fine.

Just waffling on my decision, and I hate doing that. Thought I had decided to try Samsung and go with the Note, but got cold feet on that too. Other than my WiFi issues with this Turbo, Motorola has been good to me. ( Had the Bionic, Ultra, and now Turbo - they have all been good with the Turbo being the first one I've had any problem with.)

Take advantage of of the 14 day trial period. Jump on this phone and you're gonna love it!

DamienP

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
I am on MetroPCS, and I know that Motorola and the Tmobile network have an issue with band 12. Motorola hasn't met the protocolso that t-mobile wants when using band 12 ( WiFi calling, boosts signal while indoors and edge of town away from towers).
I had the motor X pure for 2 days and sent it back. Motorola has excellent customer service.
I am having serious buyer's remorse on my Note 5. Samsungs idea of customer service is handing out **** sandwiches and telling you how yummy and nutritious they are while you are on hold for 25 minutes.

Westiemom

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I am on MetroPCS, and I know that Motorola and the Tmobile network have an issue with band 12. Motorola hasn't met the protocolso that t-mobile wants when using band 12 ( WiFi calling, boosts signal while indoors and edge of town away from towers).
I had the motor X pure for 2 days and sent it back. Motorola has excellent customer service.
I am having serious buyer's remorse on my Note 5. Samsungs idea of customer service is handing out **** sandwiches and telling you how yummy and nutritious they are while you are on hold for 25 minutes.

So you had WiFi issues with the Pure and you're also having problems with the Note?

VoltaicShock

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site

Band 12 isn't active yet on the Pure.